They Dont Care!!!

by lambsbottom 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Listen everyone,

I just turned 30. You know what I see with the JWs around my age? They are simply not hardcore! Most of them that is.

JW life is social for them, totally SOCIAL. They don't know ANYTHING about Bible prophecy, doctrine, etc. They are mostly born ins whos kids will likely never get baptized (this is already happening). They can't defend their beliefs!

They are too busy working, having kids, and enjoying life to care for the guilt trips. Hell, why do you think there is the 30hr/month pioneering thing now?

I'm pretty damn sure I will never go back, not even for memorial! My wife is awake but still goes sometimes for social reasons. I am keeping all bound volumes so I can blow the lid off this religion when my kids are adolesents.

• Magnum
    Magnum

They are simply not hardcore!... They don't know ANYTHING about Bible prophecy, doctrine, etc

In my area that's true about all JWs - not just the 30ish. The "hardcore" days of deeper, meatier publications, doctrinal debates, deep research, etc. are over. JWdom is more softcore and social now. JWs are popping out babies all over the place, but when I came along, there was strong suggestion that it wasn't the time to have children because the end was imminent.

I'm keeping my bound volumes for the same reason. However, I sure wish I could find a CD with scans or a place to download scans. I know the Watchtower Library CD had the mags, but it doesn't have the photos, illustrations, charts, etc. All those bound volumes sure do take up a lot of space.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

@magnum:

I know that someone on here had a torrent to a lot of WT stuff. You could also search "watchtower scans" on google images. still, bound volumes are the way to go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit