So... how much were the dubs really paid to have that RC in Detroit

by SadElder 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SadElder
    SadElder

From the Detroit free press

"For the two Jehovah’s Witnesses conventions, each brought about 45,000 people to Detroit, the bureau got $300,000 in state money to help with the cost of hosting the groups."

http://www.freep.com/article/20140827/COL06/308270055/tom-walsh-Michigan-Economic-Development

So if the Economic Development Corp. received $300,000 from the state to "help" with the cost, how much were they actually paid?

More and more it becomes quite evident that the real reason the dibs hold conventions is $$$$$.

• zeb
    zeb

and i have just been reading in the NT where jesus over turned tables and threw the money changers out.. hmm

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

So, I am not clear on how this works. Did the JW convention and others receive discounts on the facility that was covered by this economic bureau, then what, tell the rank and file they need to contribute to cover the cost of things that are already covered? I know I have read on this site before where they have done that with parking, charging the dubs to park when they got it free.

• Londo111
    Londo111

"...the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury."--Revelation 18:3

It is in the local governments and business's economic self interest that Watchtower the Great keep going. No wonder it is hard to get a balanced news article in the paper, instead there is are glowing fluff articles that JWs are learning to improve their family life, ect, ect... Not a word that they are told to shun certain family members.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Safeathome: In essence - yes. The ecomonic bureaus in many cities contribute in some way to draw in conventions not just the dubs. I'm not sure how this is done, whether a direct payment to the Watchtower or in reduced / free rental of facilities. This has been going on for some time now.Of course this is never mentioned to the rank and file who blithely run on dumping their bucks into the contribution boxes.

Don't forget the parkling lot scams. I remember a few years ago going to Daytona Beach, Fl and being unable to find a parking place in the facility lot. I had 3 paid for parking tickets in my posession, one for each of our cars and another I brought for someone else. We simply turned around and came home, never went back for that convention at all.

When will the blind eyes open to this mess?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit