WOW. Sorry Its been so Long! Update:After i declined the shep call

by Jon Preston 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

WELL! I dont know if anyone forgot me or remembered. Its ok! But lets start where i left off.

SOoo. I told the elders that they were welcomed to my home anytime, but as for a more formal visit, we respectfully declined. SINCE THEN.

No sheparding call as requested. But the. We got more and more and more messages from "friends" who were concerned. A few months passed and i got fed up, told my job i HAVE to move ASAP. Still waiting. But the frienda from our hall keep persisting out of "love" and concern. TheN contact died for 4 weeks or so. Suddenly, CO visit time we get a mass influx of "we miss yous" and "hope all is well"'s. My wife is now out 95% with the occasional "so if other orgs are imperfect whats so bad with them?"A

About two weeks ago i got a message from an elder who said: "Hey how are things? There are many in the congregation worried about you guys". I eased his worries by saying we are fine and dont understand their concern and reiterated if i had a problem I would let him know.

All good. We then attended one CO visit and all welcomed and Love-bombed us like our first day. Thanks.

Now weve got sisters textng my wife asking why we would help our grandma out instead of meetings. What they dont know is my wife leaves each thursday to help (non jw) grandma with REAL issues. And still they wonder why we atent loyal to the org....

on a side note we miss the "friendship"...but then i read this:

"Don't be so eager for unity that you compromise truth".

I know this is brain vomit but its my update....BE CAREFUL all who think this ORG is the one and only....

Jon

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Why on earth did you go to a meeting?! What were you thinking? Had you thought it through, you would have realized that it would all start over again.

When they persist in asking why you are helping with Grandma, tell them it is the Christian thing to do. Quote a scripture or two.

While you wait to be moved someplace else, are the two of you looking for friends? Have you joined any groups that you're interested in, done some community volunteer work, maybe join a group that walks or runs together? Please find friends elsewhere that aren't conditional so you will not be tempted to go back. Maybe soon you will be willing to look at some local churches that are active in the community?

But stay away from the hall, and please ignore their calls/texts. It's the best way to stop them.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My suggestion is to change your phone numbers and don't answer the door if they come by. They only have the power you give them.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Thanks Lisa and ruderedhead. My wife has a girlfriend she can share thoughts with from the borg. Someone like her. So yes. It is stressful as they persist but our move is imminent. My wife s fine and i dont give a damn so were good :-)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Thanks for the update! We try not to pester you cause we know you will come to us when you are ready. :)

I'm glad your family is putting kindness ahead of popularity in the congregation. Kind of cold for the sisters to give a bad time about that!

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Aw JW Daughter i guess you havent read a progressiveness to my messages. Go ahead see the truth and wake up.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jon, glad to see your post and know that your move is still in the works! Keep us posted, and hugs to you and the wife!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWdaughter - "I'm glad your family is putting kindness ahead of popularity in the congregation."

Pretty easy once you realize just how substantial and authentic "popularity in the congregation" actually is.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Good for you mister! Must be good to have your wife on board, well done!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Now weve got sisters textng my wife asking why we would help our grandma out instead of meetings.

You gotta be kidding me. Rude and skewed. I don't remember ones at our hall being so intrusive when we were helping elderly relatives and missing meetings to do so. I hope your wife has been texting them back telling them she owes them no explanation and to mind their own damn business.

Oh, and as long as you show up at the odd meeting, it gives out a message that you still believe it's the 'truth' and it reminds everyone of your existence, hence the renewed attention. The memory of you is shoved to the back of people's minds if you don't attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit