"My Husband is Poisoning Me!" Judicial Committee number 256

by BucketShopBill 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

I pulled up the notes from one of the more weird Judical Committe Topics, this is the garbage your Elders had to handle!

The Mind Games played by one of the Elderettes come's to mind, she was speaking to a sister that was suffering from severe anxiety and helped our depressed sister draw the conclusion that "Sister Depressed's husband is trying to poisoning her!" off goes this once pretty and smart woman, she went to college and got her license to draw blood because she wanted to test it for arsenic and polonium (around the time that Russian guy got Off ed by Vladimir Putin). I asked her “What makes you think your husband (elder at the time) is poisoning you?” She said “I had a nervous break-down and Sister-COBE said I might be getting poisoned or suffering toxic effects from lead or heavy metal poisons. I explained to her that that sister most likely meant “something in your house or in your diet is causing a buildup of unhealthy metals” She said, NO! Sister COBE said “I think your husband might be gas-lighting you and putting lead, mercury or possibly some of his raw materials in your food and coffee!”

That woman had a forty-year old girl in a state of panic, thought it was funny as Hell. Poor girl went to college, got her degree and never used it in working environment because her motivation was to see if her husband was trying to kill her. This is nothing, the stories and shit I’ve heard and seen, heart wrenching stories poured out by the brothers and sisters because they think we are psychologist, sex therapist or regular Shrinks is crazy!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

My dad hit a phase where he'd tell anyone who'd listen that my mother was poisoning him. Thankfully, nobody really takes him seriously anymore as he's paranoid, has no friends and likely suffers from a host of mental illnesses.

I imagine elders hear a lot of weird crap and it must be funny looking back on it. Some of it is sad, though. There was a JW family who called the elders because they had a son who was supposedly under the influence of demons. The kid was hearing voices telling him to kill his mother. The elders prayed with the family and encouraged them to throw away any possessions that might have a tie to spiritism. The kid should have immediately been put under medical care as he was clearly exhibiting symptoms of mental illness, perhaps schizophrenia.

Instead, they sent a welder and a truck driver to attend to a medical emergency.

• Splash
    Splash

As an appointed elder at 25, a 50 year old ms asked me if it was OK for his wife to give him oral.

I assumed he meant in the privacy of his own home and not right here at the hall, so I told him to go for it but don't broadcast it.

I never really understood why anyone would ask about this sort of thing to a relative stranger.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Splash, I apologize for asking that. LOL!!

DD

• Paris
    Paris

Bucketshop - Now there is good material for a novel. You have access to these records ? I bet the stories would make a TV series.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I knew a sister who thought the the government spied on us through our televisions, all of us, all the time. This was in the seventies, before computers made this even remotely possible.

• Splash
    Splash

Lol DD,

I just hope you got your fill of it

• Pinku
    Pinku

Oh! Those JWs!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BucketShopBill - "This is nothing, the stories and shit I’ve heard and seen, heart wrenching stories poured out by the brothers and sisters because they think we are psychologist, sex therapist or regular shrinks is crazy!"

Don't forget the judicial-commitee-type elders who start thinking of themselves as hard-boiled detectives or hotshot prosecuting attorneys.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Was this lady also one of those health food circles into herbs and things like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit