The Only Time JWs Make Contact

by naazira 7 Replies latest jw friends

• naazira
    naazira

I've realised that the only time jws make contact with me is during memorial season, and at the start of the new service year. They always try to talk more in the beginning of the service year. As the pioneer sister always said "start off strong, and get a lot of hours early." They are so being pimped. I won't let these folks hustle me this time, in order to get hours.

So when do jws make contact with you?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Almost never, I am a "spiritual danger" it seems. I did get a visit from two Elders on C.O's visit, they claimed that the GB had asked them to call !!

I had another JW give me a JW.org flyer a while ago, they usually stuff a leaflet/tract through my Letterbox, but they didn't bother with the Convention invite, they walked right by my door ! (Good, waste of paper, perhaps they thought that too).

That Convention invite wrok is the biggest joke of all, can you imagine ONE person struggling from Rural Kent in to the Docklands of London to attend ?

I can't, but imagine their disappointment and utter chagrin if they did !

• naazira
    naazira

It makes me laugh at how excited the jws become when they are doing the convention campaign. I agree it is a big joke, the distance many have to travel is ridiculous!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

in two years no calls..no tracts...no visits....pointless .

• SAHS
    SAHS

“naazira”: “. . . the only time jws make contact with me is during memorial season, and at the start of the new service year.”

The real reason is because they know that you know too much – too much about the WTS as a whole and what goes on behind the scenes. Don’t forget, knowledge is a very powerful thing, and it is that kind of knowledge (TTATT) that they are most afraid of. So, that’s why the WTS doesn’t like too much casual or frequent contact with those of us “in the know” – because they know very well that the jig is up on them!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good for you....at least they aren't hounding you.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I live in NYC so the territories are only a couple city blocks wide. And there's nothing but apartment buildings so everyone lives real close to each other. I can't eat breakfast at a local diner without them telling me that they "miss me." One time I told them "If you miss me so much you could text me and we could hang out." They never have.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

is when they want something from you.

I am amazed they are not contacting inactive non-attenders to get them to sign up to a monthly contribution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit