Totally cringeworthy weekend of Facebook smugness.

by quellycatface 5 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Last night I was looking at some of my ex-friends photos of the Assembly in Twickenham.

The smugness is palpable. The smiles do not reach their eyes, however. Everyone is swathed in shawls, men with jumpers under their suits and it all looks very stiff.

Anyone else seen any of these photo calls??

• krejames
    krejames

Yes I had the pleasure of seeing my friend, ex bethalite and promiscuous homosexual, (out of the org for years but still pretends to himself and people that don't know his circumstances that he's a JW) posting 24 photos of his cheesy smiles with the cheesy smiles of people who would shun him if they knew what he was. His hypocrisy made me feel sick and my knee jerk reaction was to defriend him on facebook.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was an active JW FB was not really as big as today, but this sort of thing went on, the cheesey Photo's etc.

I always thought it was very false and that most were putting on the air of happiness etc that they were trying to exude. I never took part in anything like that, I could never be a hypocrite.

• Onager
    Onager

I've unfriended every JW who has posted anything pro-JW on FB. HOWEVER! If they ask to be friends again I'll welcome them back although I'll let them know I can't put up with proslytizing on my FB page.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

FB is awesome because it shows how being a JW fails to reform anyone. I think the GB discourage the use of such forums, not because they care care about the actual people, but because they care about the image of dubs that has been carefully crafted over the years.

DD

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Onager, I've been known to delete someone's post when they try to quote nwt "scriptures" and hijack my post for their benefit. Used to be you'd have to delete your entire post but now you can delete comments made by others - one of the few good improvements on fb lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit