New light on more parables

by Deltawave 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I have come to the realization the WTBTS is like a 'think tank'. Every so often the crap will change.

For a God that is using this Org as a mouth piece, he sure changes his mind on what his word, the bible, really means!

Wow!

SL

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I am presently assembling a Study that provides a chronological survey of WTS quotes on a series of subjects, starting with Russell. Give me 2 or 3 weeks. I will publicise it at the "Bible Research" part of this site.

Following that, I could look at the variants in their key parables during that period - Ten Virgins and Sheep/Goats. I touch a little on changes to the "Faithful and wise servant" in the Study I am pulling together. Are these "parables" or are they "eschatological narratives with a moral message"? Certainly not "predictive prophecies".

I could be wrong - which happens - but I suspect that Rutherford's experience in 1918/1919 either haunted him or he made use of it ("martyr"). Russell certainly said nothing about a significance to that period, The current WTS seems more hooked on 1919 than they are on 1914. Indeed, their explanation ("Jehovah and Jesus came and inspected, finding only one faithful group on earth") is absolutely vital to their existence, and I find it surprising that little effort has been put into that. We find, for example, that Russell said 1260 days were actually years, running from 539 AD to 1799 AD, which marked the "last days". Then we read that the 1260 days ran from 1914 to 1918, except that the 1260 days ran from 1919 to 1922.

As a final guess, I think - complete guess - that the number of heads in the Governing Body means that there is a wide range of ideas, not the single controllers of Russell, Rutherford or Franz. And the mess of conflicting ideas with the current multi-headed leadership is exacerbated because members are constantly being replaced. All they can do is throw up "obey us and you are obeying Jehovah", bandying that name around like a club, showing no sensitivity or respect. Certainly not "discreet".

Doug

Doug

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

New light on more parables

A parable is a fictional story used to make a point.

Any New Light the WBT$ Would have about a parable would be as important as..

......WATCHTOWERS NEW LIGHT ABOUT..

.....Image result for Cinderella

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit