WTS Controls Who JWs Can Help

by TR 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

I've noticed, as well as many of you on this forum probably, that JWs are more than willing to come here and stick up for their cult, but where is their compassion for those that are grieving? Where is your joy for those that have had a major triumph or 'blessing' in their life?

Are you JWs so programmed by the WTS that you can't show empathy or sympathy for a fellow human being? Just because most of us here are X 'hovahs? This is sad indeed.

Please tell me JWs, how many weddings or funerals have you been to that weren't at a Kindom Hall? And, if you went, did you feel guilty for 'betraying Jehovah'?

I am sickened by the lack of feelings that 'hovahs have shown on this forum, and what I had observed as a 'hovah, myself included. This behavior is truly shameful.

Remember the 'Samaritan'?

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

No, they don't, TR. They think that their going from door-to-door is samaritan-like work. The fact is, even with people who are vigilant JWs, when they get old they are often ignored. Now, while this is expected from teenages (teenagers are ignorant wherever you go), adults have no excuse for not taking care of them. Hell, how much does it cost to go over and have a cup of coffee with someone?

The only time I remember visiting old, sick JWs was in field service, "encouraging" them to come to meetings, no matter how bad they felt.

My father used to help out one old guy who was mugged. My dad was the only person who cleaned the blood spot from where the poor old guy fell. Sweet old man. It just seems like people stopped caring after he was no longer useful.

Jws are users and nothing else. Their solace is calling people 'spiritually sick', 'apostates', or 'inactive'. This helps them to reconcile their guilt.

ashi

• XLovesMeNotX
    XLovesMeNotX

...and because that parable of the Good Samaritan is TOTALLY taken out of context to fit the JW mind set, they totally forget that the man who helped, the Samaritan, was the injured man's KNOWN ENEMY. And did the Samaritan help the man then run to the local news papers to BRAG about how GREAT he was for helping that man, like the JWs always do? No...he told the innkeeper to take care of the man, offering to pay all of his expenses for him on his return trip. Was Jesus describing a prime photo-op for Christians? Or was he saying LOOK!! We are all people, all equal, all needing to love each other even if we appear to be exact opposites.

We better have another Hurricane Andrew soon so the JWs can BRAG about their huge efforts on behalf of worldly people again...when was Andrew? Like 9 freakin years ago? Thats a piss poor record Brooklyn...PISS POOR.

When a JW asks me if I have nothing better to do than spend my days bashing religion, I reply "Actually, no, I don't. I'm a PIONEER, just like you." :)

• Jewel
    Jewel

Well now, my Mom told me that on 9/11, as people staggered over the Brooklyn Bridge, the "Headquarters" folks decided to start giving out cups of coffee. "And they didn't even charge!"

I mean, that's true service to your fellow human...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

You are correct TR.

When my husband wanted to give to a charity, I resisted. Why give money to people who we don't know? He (being raised a catholic) patiently explained that good "christians" helped others...whether it be with money to the poor or with volunteering (not going door to door to save their life).

DUH!! I did not get it. My mother never gave to a charity. She gave all the reasons listed above...ad nauseum.

I now get great satisfaction knowing that I can help a little by giving money and volunteering my time. It is so much more important to help them now.

• amac
    amac

This is an interesting topic. I find a contradiction in the direction of the WT and the way the average JW acts. I remember articles talking about helping others, but of course, it was always emphasized that the Good News of the Kingdom should be a priority at all times. This being an attempt at following Christ example, which I see no problem with for someone who is adament about following the Bible. The problem is, most JWs equate that to mean, if it doesn't involve the good news, I don't need to bother with it. This is not, of course, all witnesses, but many.

About them going to weddings and funerals, I can full understand their concern about mixing with other forms of worship. If a Catholic said they couldn't go to a function in a KH because they felt it was a false religion, I would equally understand that.

run to the local news papers to BRAG about how GREAT he was for helping that man, like the JWs always do?
    I don't know if I agree with this as I can't recall any examples. Do you have any examples to base this on?

Cheers,
    amac

• sf
  • Adonai438
    Adonai438

Remember Jesus said to love even your enemies and pray for those who persecute you because even the wicked love those who love them.
    I think this applies here

They are a prime example of those who Jesus describes the sheep and the goats in Matt.25:31-46.

• Jewel
    Jewel

Thanks, sf,

I hope you realized that I was being sarcastic. I was shocked when my Mom told me that they'd been told this at the Hall and that she seemed so proud of it...

To be so close and then be proud that they "gave away" a little coffee. After reading your link, I figured the coffee wasn't free-recipients probably had to hear that this tragedy was probably the beginning of Armageddon to pay for it.

Jewel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit