Still waiting for my prayers to be answered or understanding to be RE-Adjusted!

by NoMoreHustle 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

So about 2 years ago when I started to feel like something was wrong with the religion (JW cult) I was in, I was told by close friend to just STUDY MORE & PRAY INCESSANTLY TO JEHOVAH!

Well after careful consideration of the steps to re-build my faith in JW Cult, I would have to say that after more rigorous STUDY & PRAYER than ever before in the history of mankind, nothing answered, no new enlightment!

Except for me figuring out that IT IS A SCAM! IT IS A CULT! IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY!

WHAT A WAY TO WASTE 20 YEARS OF MY LIFE!

• NoMoreHustle
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Not much consolation, but 20 is better than 30+. Get on with it. Still some time to live if you came in early. I'm already in the geezer stage, but at least I am free.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, they have no answer to what happens when all that earnest prayer and study leads you to the conclusion that it's a cult, do they? What are you supposed to do, pretend you believe something you don't?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Ha, that's the stage I'm at! I'm kinda itching for my wife to ask me what's been the result of all my extra studying and prayer but she doesn't seem to want to bring it up... Probably scared of the answer.

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

Same here disposable: My wife just looks the other way, we really don't talk about anything SPIRITUAL! I have to be very very careful about what I say. I don't want to be a jerk about all of this, cause I remember how I was crushed when I figured it out. One day it's gotta break!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit