Saw Paul McCartney at Candlestick in San Fran

by love2Bworldly 6 Replies latest social current

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Saw the Paul McCartney concert last week and it was amazing. Almost 3 hours of non stop music, a mixture of Beatles, Wings & newer music. I was smart & planned ahead-- drove to San Francisco in the morning to mess around the city & checked into a hotel 6 miles away, got to the concert over 2 hours early.

Anyone else attend?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Very smart. I couldn't afford to go but would have given anything to be there. Only smart people like you succeded. Many ended up in the traffic and never got in even though I heard that it started an hour late to give more people time to get in. Congrats! Many Youtube videos are online from the concert. Kinda envy you!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Paul McCartney is just a fantastic performer, we saw him here in Georgia a few years ago. I don't know how he maintains all that energy! But I hope he can do it for many more years.

Marina

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Fun. I love the Beatles. I love Paul. I haven't been able to see him. I got to see George though, when he was on his Dark Horse tour in 1974 with Billy Preston and Ravi Shankar and his orchestra. My ticket cost $8.50 and I was close enough to see him walk down to get water, beside the stage. I had just got my leg out of a cast, so I couldn't go down the stairs to speak with him, like others near me were able to.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I'm so jealous. I haven't been to a concert since last winter. I love Paul McCartney

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I live in the bay area, but I was in San Antonio last week. It would have been something to see. Hopefully they made a video of it we will be able to see sometime.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had a short fall of cash. In order to get tickets on the East Coast, you had to join his fan club. My heart always pounds during the process of obtaining tickets. I've seen him multiple times in New York. I've paid over one thousand dollars to see him and felt it was worth every penny. Did he perform a bunch of mediocre songs that left the audience to get up and leave for bathroom and food breaks. He is so wonderful and magical. I was locked up as a teenager when they played Shea Stadium. My father could be strange. I could not leave the house. Eleven years old don't typically know how to get to Shea. I was hyperventilating. My father drove me to JFK airport so I could welcome John and Paul. I met Linda Eastman who was selling photos.

I am keeping concert funds in a separate account. Hopefully, he will tour again. The WHO will tour next year, too. I had no idea how good they were when I was young. I am glad you had the chance. Paul gave me a free ticket once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit