Is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society a Secretive Organization?

by Jeannette 9 Replies latest social physical

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Isn't secrecy the same as occultish when it comes to a religious organization?

• Watchtower-Free
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT even keeps secret who its Bible "translation" committees are and who writes its books and magazine content.

No, it's not a secret organization.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I fail to see the occult part. The WBTS is secretive. I don't know how it compares to other religions. Bethelites have some advantage b/c they know who really holds power. I found Russell era literature when I was a child and screeched my head off. There was a cross, a crown, spooky stuff. Pyramids.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Occultism is "below the surface". Secrecy is "below the surface. So then, the Watchtower is an occultist organization. In other words, the devil runs it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Secretive in some ways such as its finances , legal responsibilities, doctrinal changes by the GB

and secrete in its operations as well such as the UN (NGO) associating membership.

If one takes into account the many books published and taken off the shelves at the Kingdom Halls,

that too could be considered secretive.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't see the occult angle. Russell era literature seems occult to me. One can be secret and only be secret. I don't know what to compare the secrecy of the WT to since I don't know other secret religions. I like to know what is happening with my religion.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

All secret societies are up to no good or they'd be transparent.

• Terry
    Terry

THE FUNDAMENTAL question is that of hiding something.

1. How does the Society "channel" Jehovah's true teaching?

2. How does an "anointed" KNOW they are?

3. How is it necessary to revise, adjust, change a TRUE teaching unless it is false?

4. How are funds acquired, invested, used for salaries, etc?

5. If the sole duty of the GB is to feed the domestic food at the proper time;

how is it there most embarassing failures are connected to TIME (i.e. chronology.)

6. When the Society worldwide was promoting the idea of the END of human existence 1966-75, why were they bothering

to buy real estate and invest in the markets?

7. Why are none of the old magazines and books used to teach the Truth --unless all that information was FALSE?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't see occultism. Maybe in Russell era literature. I don't know who at Bethel sees the financial info. The lawyers probably do. Keep financial info close is not occultism. It is more to recruit members who are so gullible they will not demand financial information. Most middle class people would demand such information. I have big ears when the financial info for my church is published. Are we gettting good value for the vicar's salary? I thought no. Others did. I volunteered to serve on the financial committee. They were not analyzing the financial info correctly. Ratios are important. I knew there were texts on church accounting at the law library or the main Philadelphia library. They told me not to go look. Everyone has to be the leader with no research. They also did not know the legal standards for PA.

Once the New York Times had to explain to its readers how difficult it was to analyze church cover-ups of pedophile behavior. They don't use anything remotely like regular accounting standards. Consultants in RC financial accounting had to be hired. The secrecy is purposive. What is wrong with Witnesses and Roman Catholics that they accept such secrecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit