President not on governing body

by incognito2014 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

Been out since about 1999. I was surprised to just read that the current President (Adams) is not on the Governing Body. What happened there?

Obviously prior to that the president was in charge not just of the adminstration but also seemed to be heavily involved in defining doctrine.

The president seems to have really taken a back seat.

I know this must be old news, but just showed how much I am out of touch. I guess it's true, "I have not been keeping up with Jehovah's chariot"

Was there a reason for this change?

• sir82
    sir82

About a year after you left, the officers of the WTS corporations were no longer reuqired to be "anointed". A separation was made between the theological decision makes (the GB) and the officers of the corporations.

Do you want the given reason, or the real reason?

The given reason was so that the GB could concentrate on "spiritual matters" and not be concerned with mundane things like running corporations.

The real reason? Who knows? Probably for legal or financial protection.

• steve2
    steve2

Who can fathom the comings and goings of policies and procedures within man-directed and dominated religious groups.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The "real reason" was probably that they couldn't find anyone sane enough amongst the annointed to actually handle the day-to-day operations. You don't have to be sane to make arbitrary decisions regarding "spiritual maters." I think a lot of the recent changes prove as much.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the GB calls the Watchtower President, does his shoe phone ring? Do they use the cone of silence?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I suspect the real reason for the seperation of the GB and the WT mega-funds was one of protecting said $$$.

The GB may at some point face a large Law Suit for the terrible and often murderous effect of a number of their teachings and commands.

They can then claim they personally have no money.

Hence the Coffers of the seperate entitiy known as WT or whatever, the Hedge Funds/ Offshore Investments/Huge Property Portfolio, all are unaffected, and little if any compensation is paid out.

So far, this dirty strategy has not worked, and I hope it never does.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Don Adams is the real Don.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit