JW.org- Saw Brochure Today in Fashion Magazine at Hospital

by Band on the Run 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Altho the neighborhood seems too upscale for Witnesses, I was passing time before a medical appointment, reading old fashion magazines. A leaflet fell on my lap. It was JW.org. One would have no clue that it is the WT people. It was formatted so professionally. The WT and Awake had the silliest illustrations. You could tell it was a low class religion. As soon as I read Jw.org, my heart started beating more quickly. I have no specific recollection of the topics covered. Suffice it to say that they were rewritten. It is very misleading. I fear them more than ever. Are there ways to alert the general public that it is WT material? I'm thinking of the planes at the shore that fly with the banners.

One Christmas time I was on the subway when seven Santa Clauses entered and asked for money. I knew they were Hare Krishnas in disguise. Projecting my voice as loud as I could, I asked for their New York State Charity ID. I told them (addressing fellow passengers) that it was illegal to solicit money in NY without the id. I felt that I told people the deal without being stabbed by a Hare Krishna. The reality was that even more passengers lined up to give them money for children. The large donators were livid when we reached our stop and they discovered the true identity of the Santas.

Some other scam was going on citywide until the newspaper blew the whistle.

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

• Mum
    Mum

I used to make labels that said "http://www.silentlambs.org" and "freeminds.org" and stick them on WT literature I would find in laundromats, medical offices or wherever. I need to get back to doing that. In fact, we all should.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Great IDEA mum. Same blue square with JWFACTS. In fact they have do it yourself bumper sticker kits at Office Depot.....hum imagine some elders leaving the Sunday meeting sporting new bumper stickers.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit