Hong Kong Witnessing

by Listener 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

I'm on holidays in Hong Kong at the moment and already have come across two seperate sets of JWs. Their tactics are very interesting and are contradictory.

The first time I saw them was near the Ferry terminals. They had their lit cart and there were three JWs, an older male and female standing next to the trolley and a younger guy holding up a mag in each hand next to the female JW. They were all just standing there, not saying a word. This is in accordance with the instructions issued by the WTBTS.

The second time was in a shopping mall in a more residential area. There were a number of JWs spreading themselves through out the mall and at entry points. The big difference here was that they were being very very proactive and going up to people to engage them in conversation whilst holding out a pamphlet for that individual to take. This is very effective witnessing as they were all talking to someone.

One guy approached me and said that his pamphlet would show me how to access information that would answer every question that I have about life. This offended me and rather than walking away I stopped and we had a long conversation. I will post the conversation when I get back home.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Interesting. Although I occasionally see witnesses here in Taiwan, I've yet to see a literature cart. Maybe it's in the works.

My last encounter with a JW was a few months ago. The guy was alone, which I thought was a bit strange (but perhaps his partner was nearby). He approached me in the parking area of my apartment building and offered me an invitation to the memorial. Also interesting was the fact that, although I'm a white foreigner and he was a local Taiwanese guy, he initiated his conversation with me in Chinese. If you lived here you'd know that never happens; a non-Asian person is always assumed to not be able to speak Chinese.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit