What would happen

by Skbj 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Skbj
    Skbj

Hi everyone, it's a while since I visited the site so I hope everyone's well.

I want to ask a question that popped into my mind following my last visit home. In July I went to visit my family (all JW) and as you remember in one of my ealiest posts I mentioned I don't know what's my situation whether I result DF or not. When my husband and I visited my family last month, my mom told me about a girl I grew up with, who just found out to have cancer and suggested I go see her.

I had not seen this girl or her family for 18 years basically since I left my home country. She got DF then went back in then she got out again. Her whole family apart from her mom are out of JW. She was living on her own but, because of the illeness and pain she is in, she has moved back in with her mother.

I was already in contact with her younger brother via FB and seeing recent photos from last year's vacations I realised she still is out of JW.

Was a joy to see her and her mom again after all these years although the sad circumstances, and they both received me and my husband with smiles. We never touched the religion talk, but from little details of people mentioned I gathered that the mother is still inside the JW.

So I was wondering, seeing she is back living with the mother, what would happen if in the worst case scenario she would die? She is DF so...can the mother ask for a JW funeral service or not? Could people go to the funeral to support the mother even though the daughter was DF?

What's the official JW position on a situation like this?

The reason why I am also asking, beside curiosity, it's because depending on the answer I may have to add it to my will that I don't want to have a JW funeral in case both me and my husband died at the same time, and I got repatriated.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't believe the funeral can be held at a KH for a DF'd person, but I'm sure others will chime in with quotes from BOE letters or the secret elder book (that's why I love this place!)

That always struck me as a stupid policy while I was in. Afterall, it's not as if the funeral is for the dead person, it's for the family. The DFing policy is supposed to be a loving way of trying to bring your loved one back (ugh, as I type this I'm ashamed that I ever believed it) so it seems like you should be able to stop shunning them once they're dead.

• jgnat
  • Skbj
    Skbj

Thanks for input, and links.

Jgnat, I hope she does too.

After I posted I saw the thread on the November WT about not mourning if DF relatives die propaganda. They are focused on totally deprogramming any natural affection. Totally F'd up to the max.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit