The overuse of adjectives tells me they don't understand a thing.

by Rattigan350 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The W 3/15/2015 page 8 para 5 says:

"one faithful anointed brother with a record of decades of loyal service commented: “I just read the book of Job in the new edition, and I feel as if I understand it for the first time!"  Many have made similar comments."

Upon first reading, I wondered why all the adjectives.  he is faithful, anointed, a brother, record of decades of service and loyal service.   Isn't that how it is, always is.  Lay on so many adjectives about someone.  Pioneer,elder, what kind of elder, CO, DO, Bethelite, what kind of Bethelite, GB, anointed.

As if one or more of those terms were missing, would the meaning change?

Is there a  difference between being faithful and having decades of loyal service? 

Upon further reflection, it would seem that they are saying that this man, with so many years of service, faithful and loyal and even anointed, didn't understand the book of Job.  So how many others who are not anointed, not as faithful not so many years of service understand that book or others?   Was that brother one of the GB?

Many made similar comments that they didn't understand the Book and maybe many others, but yet teach it as truth.   Wow, that tells alot.

What was done the many decades prior?  Those equivalent to the GB didn't understand the Bible.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"one faithful anointed brother with a record of decades of loyal service commented: “I just read the book of Job in the new edition, and I feel as if I understand it for the first time!"  Many have made similar comments."

Of course, WT's goal is to promote the rNWT as a monumental achievement through its usual self-aggrandizing rhetoric. It must convince JWs they've received something truly special.

However, in true WT fashion, it its attempt to brag about itself it has raised a question JWs will never stop to ask themselves:

"How sh*tty did the old NWT have to be that a JW could read it their entire life and still not understand a damn thing?" 

The NWT  was supposed to be god's gift to WT and the greatest Bible ever produced, but the above quote pretty much obliterates that claim by WT again shooting itself in the foot. 

• coalize
    coalize
    WT's goal is to promote the rNWT as a monumental achievement through its usual self-aggrandizing rhetoric. It must convince JWs they've received something truly special.

That's an epic fail for the language in which the rNWT don't exist, like in the french language! :) 

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    so then they go door to door to teach truth about what?? apparently nothing they understand.
  • hoser
    hoser
    They are referring to one of the governing body. 
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Holy loaded language, Batman!
  • Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    It sounds like an essay you'd write in high school. I know we all extended most of our sentences just to fill up the pages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit