Distribution of literature will change

by Elisa1966 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966

The German Branch Committee informed in a letter from August 12th 2014 all congregations that the distribution of literature will be carried out by DB Schenker logistics effective October 13 th 2014. Branch owned trucks will no longer be used.

• stillin
    stillin

Cool! A big, methed-up guy with a fat cigar sticking out of his face will be standing next to his truck in the KH parking lot. He'll be pissed off that Brother Pioneer/Elder is late showing up.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you

George

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

stillin, LOL!

So will all the bethel boy truck drivers get sent home or given different jobs I wonder?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Our Bethel Boy Truck Driver used to stop for "a cup of tea" with a Sister who was a single mum, and gave her a goodbye kiss in full view of the neighbours.

I wonder how many of them he had on his travels ? He will have to get his naughty thrills elsewhere now.

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966

The letter was addressed to the congregation service committee and was not read out in the midweek service meeting. Perhaps someone has the english version of the letter.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Also they have "outsourced" the business-card printing. Central Europe Branch (Selters) could do it - but other branches have not all the machines to do this job also. So US HQ decieded, that every branch has to pay a external printing company for this job. About 25.000.000 cards are ordered for the Europe branch.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Distibution is still done to assembly halls not to kingdom halls.

The real news is that the org bragged for decades that they could do it cheaper on their own. I think it also says something about overall predictions on tonage shipped. If its cheaper to outsource then they are clearly signaling a downturn in quanity moved.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And the inexorable downsizing continues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit