Did You Feel the Love and Happiness, Compassion and Joy in your Kingdom Halls or Not?

by BucketShopBill 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Often the good people attending the Kingdom Halls think they are not measuring up to man made standards. They are bewildered at the harsh treatment infliced on people who just don't measure up the Kingdom Halls standards. I think there are many JWs who feel like the prophet felt in 1 Kings 19:18: " The Lord Speaks to Elijah at Horeb
    17 "It shall come about, the one who escapes from the sword of Hazael, Jehu shall put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu, Elisha shall put to death. 18 "Yet I will leave 7,000 in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him."

Jesus is not limited like humans are, he see's the good in people whether they believe in him or not, their conduct is how he is going to Save them. I can't imagine God killing a righteous person who was so stumbled by the wickedness of relious leaders, they just stopped. Abraham's dialogue with Jehovah showed he would not kill righteous men, Jehovah was not tricking Abraham by saying "I won't destroy Sodom if "ten rightoues men are found", I think he discounts our condition, how far from his original genetic make-up we are, not the mad ramblings of Cult Leaders. Instead of thinking "How can we better help the Sheep, go and show love to Witnesses fallen off the grid, they gather together and slap each other on the back yelling, "we are so righteous and good, thank Jehovah were not like the tax collectors and other sinners!"

""Do not go on to offer oblation of vanity; incense of abomination is it to me; do not go on, I say, on the new moon, and sabbath, to call a convocation: I cannot bear iniquity, together with the most solemn congregation.

'' http://biblehub.com/1_kings/19-18.htm

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/1-13.htm

Parallel Verses New International Version
    Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-- I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.

New Living Translation
    Stop bringing me your meaningless gifts; the incense of your offerings disgusts me! As for your celebrations of the new moon and the Sabbath and your special days for fasting--they are all sinful and false. I want no more of your pious meetings.

English Standard Version
    Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations— I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly.

New American Standard Bible
    "Bring your worthless offerings no longer, Incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies-- I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.

King James Bible
    Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Stop bringing useless offerings. Your incense is detestable to Me. New Moons and Sabbaths, and the calling of solemn assemblies-- I cannot stand iniquity with a festival.

International Standard Version
    Stop bringing useless offerings! Incense is detestable to me, as are your New Moons, Sabbaths, and calling of convocations. I cannot stand iniquity within a solemn assembly.

NET Bible
    Do not bring any more meaningless offerings; I consider your incense detestable! You observe new moon festivals, Sabbaths, and convocations, but I cannot tolerate sin-stained celebrations! The Lord Speaks to Elijah at Horeb
    17"It shall come about, the one who escapes from the sword of Hazael, Jehu shall put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu, Elisha shall put to death.18"Yet I will leave 7,000 in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him."

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary 19:14-18 God repeated the question, What doest thou here? Then he complained of his discouragement; and whither should God's prophets go with their complaints of that kind, but to their Master? The Lord gave him an answer. He declares that the wicked house of Ahab shall be rooted out, that the people of Israel shall be punished for their sins; and he shows that Elijah was not left alone as he had supposed, and also that a helper should at once be raised up for him. Thus all his complaints are answered and provided for. God's faithful ones are often his hidden ones, Ps 83:3, and the visible church is scarcely to be seen: the wheat is lost in chaff, and the gold in dross, till the sifting, refining, separating day comes. The Lord knows them that are his, though we do not; he sees in secret. When we come to heaven we shall miss many whom we thought to have met there; we shall meet many whom we little thought to have met there. God's love often proves larger than man's charity, and far more extended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit