Shark Navigator Lift-away vs Dyson

by Bonnie_Clyde 5 Replies latest social family

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I already have a Dyson, but we have three floors in our house, and I don't like carrying it up and down stairs...it's so heavy (bad back). Just saw a sale at Costco for the Shark for $119...a lot cheaper than Dyson. Anybody have an opinion if you think it's worth it as a second vacuum.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Dunno, but it has to be better than the useless dyson I have. hate it....

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I have the Shark Lift Away, have had it almost a year, and it is the best vacuum I have ever had! So awesome I got one for my daughter. I have flights of stairs to sweep and it is so lightweight, it is unbelievely easy to use. I have 4 cats in my house so I sweep most everyday, you wouldn't believe how much it picks up. I love it and would recommend it. I have used many, many brands of sweepers (I am a pet/house sitter and often use clients sweepers). I dont care for Dyson, they are crazy to figure out the attachments and are so heavy. I have found the most expensive sweepers are the least user friendly. Hope this helps.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just don't get an Oreck !!

Altough mines lasted for nine years the thingy that spiins the brush around had to be repaired two or three times, plus there was no lock to keep it standing upright, so it would hit the floor and crack on the bottom.

I got a Hoover earlier this year that puts Oreck to shame, it's advetised as being good for picking up pet hair, i have no pets, but this thing puts Oreck to shame, I get those lines on the carpet like you can tell it's just been vacuumed everytime I use it, with the Oreck I only got that when it came back from the repair shop after getting rehauled and after first or second use they disappeared.

The main thing that really sold me on it was it uses bags, I don't care for these bagless vacuums, I ordered one on QVC but sent it back because the emptying I thought was just too messy, that when I made the mistake of getting the Oreck nine years, because it uses bags.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Thank you SafeatHome - I'm going to buy that Shark Lift Away. You're right the Dyson is heavy and awkward. Although it does a good job, it's not worth the extra money.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

You are welcome. Hope you like it. People might think it is trivial to discuss sweepers, but if you use them a lot and have a multi level home with carpeted stairs, you appreciate a good light weight sweeper!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit