Pope Forgives Molested Children

by obiefernandez 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

Read at http://www.theonion.com/onion3819/pope_forgives.html

VATICAN CITY—Calling forgiveness "one of the highest virtues taught to us by Jesus," Pope John Paul II issued a papal decree Monday absolving priest-molested children of all sin.

"Though grave and terrible sins have been committed, our Lord teaches us to turn the other cheek and forgive those who sin against us," said the pope, reading a prepared statement from a balcony overlooking St. Peter's Square. "That is why, despite the terrible wrongs they have committed, the church must move on and forgive these children for their misdeeds."

"As Jesus said, 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone,'" the pope continued. "We must send a clear message to these hundreds—perhaps thousands—of children whose sinful ways have tempted so many of the church's servants into lustful violation of their holy vows of celibacy. The church forgives them for their transgressions and looks upon them not with intolerance, but compassion."

The papal announcement arrives in response to public outcry over the sex scandal sweeping the Catholic church in the U.S. Though official church doctrine condemns such transgressions, the pope's decision, observers say, is intended to demonstrate the church's willingness to put the scandal behind it and restore the public trust.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

I was just about to be completely outraged, until I saw the url that this article had come from. Gotta love The Onion. LOL!

Brian

• Pancho
    Pancho

"We must send a clear message to these hundreds—perhaps thousands—of children whose sinful ways have tempted so many of the church's servants into lustful violation of their holy vows of celibacy.

What!? If this is a joke it is in very poor taste.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Pancho,

Click on the link in the first post and take a look at some of the other things on their site. It's a satirical website and most of their stuff is quite funny.

Brian

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Without this being introduced in proper context ie. a joke, I think it is tasteless and unfunny.

• waiting
    waiting

Actually, on page 4 right now, this Onion article was properly introduced by a newbie - first post. Waddago, Captain whatever.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28178&site=3

If you'll notice, even the subject line says it's from The Onion.

Please note the responses (moi's) - just substitute elders for priests and Watchtower for Pope..........and you see some of the Watchtower's thinking loud and clear.

Disfellowship some of the more outspoken victims or victims advocates - no forgiveness there! More important to protect the church.

The satire as applies to the reality of the WTBTS is brilliant.

waiting

• Bang
    Bang

If it were directed at the WT, it seems that those who have had 'dealings' with them wouldn't considered it satirical, but rather, an actual article.

It's noteworthy how people would not really believe it of the RCC, regardless of their opinions of them - but would readily believe it of the WTBTS: even their own.
    Regardless of what litter-at-ya they come up with (i.e. from below), the human spirit realises the truth about them having their head up their ass.

Bang

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

This was posted yesterday.

• herbert
    herbert

What is truly sad is that the WTS leaders believe precisely as the Onion says: that a 4 year old girl jumping on the lap of a middle aged man, who then abuses her, is responsible for ruinging the fine career of a loyal JW - all because of the temptation she caused him. Truth sometimes is strangher than fiction.

herbert

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

BTW:

I am a LOOOOONNNNG Time lurker, actually had an account on H20, been around since the days of the Free Zone of the AJWRB. I've just had a heck of a time getting an account here, plus inertia kept me from trying real hard until just recently....

And its Captain Schmideo rhymes with "video", got the name from an old Chuck Jones cartoon, been using it since the early 80s...

"I'm just a simple man, trying to make his way in the Universe"-Jango Fett

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit