Legacy of Hard Feelings to non-JW relatives!

by LongHairGal 1 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am a long-time fader with 1-2 friends left. I was trying to find the whereabouts of a certain sister (known to us all) who moved out of the area. So, I did some digging...

I finally tracked down one of her children on Facebook. The FB message I sent was polite and courteous and I also mentioned I was not active in the religion but was inquiring on behalf of other friends who knew the mom and who were wondering what became of her.

Well...I got a short answer... I was told simply that the lady was deceased and the family have moved on...and wished me well.

I then noticed the reply feature was disabled and the person made themselves unsearchable on FB, so I could not send a condolence or ask other questions. I understand fully why they do not want to be bothered and I am sure this is all because of the misery caused by the religion.

When I had a chance to look through their friends list (while they were visible) and saw the children and relatives, I saw people who seemed to have full, happy lives......This was an eye-opener, and I realized how silly it would be for anybody to think they should hold strangers in a religion in higher regard than their own blood relatives.

I thought of myself and how after I began my "fade" I re-established contact with family I had alienated. I am grateful I was able to do this before it was too late!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

LHG: This was an eye-opener, and I realized how silly it would be for anybody to think they should hold strangers in a religion in higher regard than their own blood relatives

Silly indeed, in fact, absurdly silly. Yet, JWs will gladly kick a family member to the curb and shun them for life based on nothing more than the dictates of 7 men (The governing body), men they've never met, never will meet, and know nothing about.

In JW Land there are no blood ties or friends, just blind devotion to a superficial religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit