the org like Dr Evil - out of touch

by Magnum 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

I keep getting an image of Dr. Evil in my head whenever I think of JWs and their website. The more I find out about them and the org promoting it, the more I think of Dr. Evil when he came out of his 30-year freeze; he was way behind times. After being thawed out, he demanded “one MILLION dollars” from the UN – like that was a lot of money, and he was laughed at because he was so out of touch. He also said he planned to use a “laser” to blast a hole in the ozone layer as if nobody had heard of a “laser” and holes in the ozone were something new.

It’s 2014 and JWs are going around saying “we have a [pause] WEB [pause] SITE” like that’s supposed to impress somebody; they’re so out of touch. Judging from the way they talk and the way the org is promoting the website, you’d think they invented the internet.

They brag about the forward-moving celestial chariot. Well, either they’re not keeping up with it or it’s slow-moving. They’re way behind on this website stuff. It’s ridiculous the way they’re running around all giddy about it plastering the logo everywhere. They’re just so naïve and gullible.

• compound complex
    compound complex

It's in full swing here, Magnum. Some of the oldtimers are feeling out of touch and unable to keep up.

CC

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

And just like Dr Evil they say things like

"why must I be surrounded by idiots"

"I'm the boss, need the info"

"mwahahaha"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Who is the WT's Minime then ?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

When I decided to back to meetings after about a 28 year absence one thing that really struck me deeply was the feeling that, although I had changed greatly, I'd grown, developed, matured, deepened, had more scars, moved on in many areas.. but that the org had not. Neither had it's members.

In fact the entire org and it's contents seemed to have regressed. Not only had the so called deep, spiritual food been watered down to a nutrition-less transparent nothingness but It felt like I was surrounded by children obsessed by the petty. Elders had the depth and profundity of mere schoolboys, mature sisters were like squibbling infantile girls, the really old were borderline senile and demented and totally out of touch, the younger male ministerial servants had the maturity of pre-adolescent boy scouts,and acted like over privileged spoiled brats.

It was one big kindergarten.. I have never felt so out of place and out of touch with humanity as I did among them.

Suffice to say I only lasted 3 months before I was simply unable to even walk in a hall again. I quit and severed all ties completely.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Its all just part of a grander distraction from reality.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Phizzy: Who is the WT's Minime then ?

Phizzy, when I first read your question, the COs popped into my head, but after a minute, I realized that Mini-Me is what the org is going to be in a few years when the declines start.

Dis-Member: I'd grown, developed, matured, deepened, had more scars, moved on in many areas.. but that the org had not. Neither had it's members. In fact the entire org and it's contents seemed to have regressed. Not only had the so called deep, spiritual food been watered down to a nutrition-less transparent nothingness

So, according to you, the org's sitiation is worse than Dr. Evil's; he was merely stagnant, but the org has actually regressed. I agree. That's so true about the so-called deep spiritual food's being watered down. They're actually, it seems to me, trying to hide all that older, deeper-seeming stuff.

Ocean1111: Its all just part of a grander distraction from reality.

I think so. They're trying to distract fromt the fact they've been wrong (and are wrong) doctrinally, their prophecies have failed, they're becoming more irrelevant every day, their numbers aren't good, the preaching work is ineffective, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit