Polished writers submit your Dateline story!

by mpatrick 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Now is the time to get the word out...Beliefnet is a MAJOR multi-faith forum that is read by millions. http://www.beliefnet.org/
    They have been following the Crisis in the Catholic Church and I would love to see the JWs get some nationwide attention as well!

FEEDBACK | WRITERS' GUIDELINES
    Beliefnet is a multi-faith website committed to providing information and resources that are respectful and inclusive of the various religious, spiritual, and ethical beliefs of our readers. Our content is designed to inform, entertain, and inspire our readers. The following guidelines should be met in pitching a story idea to Beliefnet:

Our lead time for stories is like that of a daily newspaper-one to two weeks ahead-so get timely ideas in early.

Provide a brief description of the story idea with an approximate lead for the proposed article. Give the editor the framework for the article's structure and content. Please limit this description to 300 words.

Along with sending your résumé, please identify the experience, training, or interests that qualify you to write the story. If you have published before, please provide a list.

Indicate any photos, sound clips, quizzes, or web links that can be used as added resources for your story idea. Send to: [email protected]

• nonentity
    nonentity

Having been fascinated by the series of articles in the UK Guardian newspaper by Stephen Bates about the United Nations scandal, I'd suggest that you contact Stephen Bates and see if he'd be willing to write something up for beliefnet.org. I didn't know that existed.

nonentity

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I submitted an email about the Dateline story along with links to many of the newspaper articles. If others could do the same thing, maybe it would arouse more interest.

Remember, Beliefnet is a multi-faith forum that reaches millions of people around the world of every religious faith.(Sound like a JW, don't I?) If someone wrote an article about the Dateline story before it airs, we could definitely count on more people viewing it.

I know there are some of you out there that have far better writing skills than myself!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Why do they only want Polish writers??????

• waiting
    waiting

ROTFLMAO!!!!

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Michelle,

Actually, this was a good point:

I submitted an email about the Dateline story along with links to many of the newspaper articles. If others could do the same thing, maybe it would arouse more interest.
    Will do promptly.

waiting

• mpatrick
    mpatrick
    Why do they only want Polish writers??????

LOL! Alright....German, American, Irish, Austrialian and maybe even a few Italian writers....but that is where I draw the line!

Thanks waiting! I appreciate it!

I did contact Stephen Bates, he asked how much I pay contributers? I told him I was a stay-at-home mom and could only offer him a few bucks and my sincere gratitude! He thought I worked for Beliefnet!

After I clarified, he responded and said that he doesn't "submit articles speculatively, only if requested or commissioned. And on a case like the current one in the US, a two week lead-in is no good because too much will have changed. Thank you for thinking of me though."

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Oops! Guess I misread the title of this thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit