Salt Lake City Convention this weekend

by I quit! 8 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

My wife is again in Salt Lake City for her convention. I was wondering how many days are they now? Use to be four when I last attended. Aren't they only three now?

Also wondering if they are announcing any new light or changes.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Yes, 3 days long. So far from all the other reports there is nothing momentous announced at the conventions. Just more of the same.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is a heartwarming video of a girl dreaming of rejoining her mother in Paradise. That's Friday.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if any LDS will wander in and listen fro a bit, and think, "this is like our gatherings, but more boring, cheaper, and with terrible music/singing" ?

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Yes, and Oscar winning director, Martin Scorsese was shown a clip of Friday's drama on an airplane by a JW sitting next to him and he said "I wish I could produce and direct movies as good as the WTBT$ does. My movies suck in comparison."

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Just the same old brain-washing.

• WrongweektostopsniffingGlue
    WrongweektostopsniffingGlue

One cult in the capital city of another cult. Who would want to miss that?

• smiddy
    smiddy

When are the JW`s going to hold an International Convention in the Vatican , that could be interesting ...or not.

smiddy

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Darth, thanks for the chuckle! But you shouldn't have posted this, because you know it will show up in someone's talk preceded by "It Has Been Reported That".

Yes, and Oscar winning director, Martin Scorsese was shown a clip of Friday's drama on an airplane by a JW sitting next to him and he said "I wish I could produce and direct movies as good as the WTBT$ does. My movies suck in comparison."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit