I joined this website four years ago...

by Joliette 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Feels like just yesterday that I decided to stop going to the kingdom hall. After I got done reading Crisis of Conscience, I never felt the same about this religion ever again. I've been on an emotional rollercoaster for the past four years. Now I finally found peace. My parents and brothers know how I feel. I just wish I had have been more quiet about my feelings.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Why are they shunning you?

My wife and I left back in the 1960's and we were outspoken about the doctrines like blood. When we left you could feel that we had lost value with remaining family members. We had become the 'other'. Later I realized that JW's have a chronic need to see their reflection in the 'friends' but when that light goes out they panic and often revert to hostility.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, it's easy to get all "gung ho" about telling everyone when you first discover the real truth about the WTS but there is a risk that you sever some family ties by doing that (well, it's not *you* that severs them but you know what I mean).

It does get easier though and "being the the truth" eventually seems like a faded nightmare that you barely remember.

Just get on with life, make new friends and focus on the future.

• 20yearfader

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit