Special Campaign In August Any Observations So Far

by baldeagle 9 Replies latest jw friends

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

KM part this week (July 14) “Get Ready For The Special Campaign In August” the brother tried his best to hype it up. He raised his voice in enthusiasm and three times over ten minutes boomed out these same questions, “Are You Ready Brothers? Are We All Really, Really Ready For This Special Campaign In August?”

Here we are past the half way mark in July there should be lots of names to be read out to encourage the masses that are sitting on the fence. After all this is touted as being the most historical preaching campaign of all time. Handing out a folded piece of paper to advertise a website. What an innovative idea!

At the end of his part, with only a couple of weeks to go, there were only 5 people announced that were really, really ready. Three elders, an elder’s wife and one MS. Maybe the floodgates of applications will occur in the next two weeks. What’s happening in your area?

• baltar447
    baltar447

GHEY

• baltar447
    baltar447

No offence to my Gay peeps out there lol

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

All elders have to ex. pioneer in august for example reasons. Wifes and children has to concider.

Thats what I heard. It's no free choice.

They are so stupid.

G.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Went down like a sack of sh#t, obviously.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I have been wondering the same thing. They didn't read any auxiliary pioneers at our hall. if they require all MS to aux pioneer I won't do it. I can barely stomach the four hours a month that I do now. So far there hasn't been Any pressure. August is a big vacation month for people. Also kids go back to school. It's a hard month for the R and F to pioneer. I'm curious if our hall is going to step up for this "momentous" month.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What campaign is this then? Protect-a-paedo month?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK it's still July.

This means annual holidays, getting out in the sun, going to the beach.

The brother assigned to that item this evening was absent when they issued enthusiasm, so I don't expect too much. His wife is cute however, and she usually does his demonstrations.....

George

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Lots of Excitement! Yawn.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I mentioned in a different earlier thread, that our elders called all the ms in for a meeting and read out the letter from the GB.

in it it stated that just as literal shepherds lead sheep by example, then all appointed men need to lead by example and pioneer during this "momentous campaign "

Also, the families of these men should do so as well...

I keep thinkIng of the scripture : "let each do as he has resolved...not under compulsion"

In our cong, it is certainly "under compulsion"

I can tell you all now...I will NOT be aux pioneering just because I'm supposed to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit