Women Bishops in the UK.

by quellycatface 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Just wondered what your thoughts were on this development in the Church of England?

I'm all for it. Girl Power!!!!

• Laika
    Laika

Really pleased about this, only think it should have happened sooner.

• St George of England
    St George of England

With the shortage of elders and ministerial servants in our congregations, maybe it's the way forward for JW's.

George

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Not in our lifetime.

The Jdubs have to be the most sexist religion going.

• 88JM
    88JM

The Archbishop did give an interesting quote for JW's which caught my attention. On the subject of those who may not agree with the Church's new position he said:

"But I also rejoice that we are promising to seek the flourishing in the church of all those who disagree. If I did not think that was likely, I could not support this legislation. You don’t chuck out family, or even make it difficult for them to be at home: you love them and seek their wellbeing, even when you disagree."

Transcript: http://www.anglicanink.com/article/women-bishops-adventure-faith-and-hope-welby-tells-synod

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Excellent. This is real progress. Back in Pauls day it was socially unacceptable for women to teach. Now there are more female teachers than men in our schools, so it's perfectly logical that women should be able to hold posistions within an organised church.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They allow some Sisters to hand out "Noo Lite" in the form of books and brochures released at Regional Conventions, what more could happily submissive Stepford Wives type JW women want ?

As for the CofE and its move to be more inclusive of women, I think this will give them a boost, the more modern Congregations that are vibrant and growing already use their women members far more than traditional ones.

Already the Cof E has shed its fusty old image of the Spinster who cycles to Church, and jam-making W.I members, being the typical member, they are beginning to look almost 21st century.

The WT has some catching up to do. One million attend Church on any one Sunday here in the U.K. Kingdom Hall attendance is probably not much over 100,000.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit