Rape - the WTBTS's interpretation

by Listener 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener

This is from the Insight book under Rape

Rape is defined as unlawful sexual intercourse without the woman’s consent, effected by force, duress, intimidation, or deception as to the nature of the act.

What is really disturbing about this definition is that rape apparently only happens when there is a woman involved. There is no mention of children or males.

When you read their articles on rape the majority of the time they are discussing women being raped and then apply the counsel that they need to scream. They use the laws under the old law covenant to substantiate this. They really have a one eyed view on this.

I am wondering if they tell children to scream when they unfortunately find themselves in bad situations?

If you asked a JW female what is the first thing you would do if you were being molested I am sure they would immediately respond with 'I would scream'. I wonder if this is the first thing a JW child would say, I doubt it but why is that?

I am not supporting their view of screaming as being the most important thing to do in order to show your innocence but it concerns me that once again, there is a double standard.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Fear can cause a victim to keep quiet sadly...

The doctrine of "screaming" is so warped....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit