Some EXJW blogs are more controlling than the WT!

by BucketShopBill 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

The owners of Jehovahs-Witness.net are very honest and decent individuals, he and she allow freedom of speech and the allowance of exchanging ideas. This is not the case with other Active and Ex-JW information sites (Won't Post them, you know who they are) that refuse our allowance to disagree or point out their chronic slanted and often distorted perspective. The Watchtower provides us with enough material there is no reason we need to twist their material. The Watchtower is not afraid of losing their credibility by grossly misqouting Bible Scholars such as William Barclay, Jason BeDuhn, Herman Heinfetter, George Horner, ect.. On JWN I learned how many Evolutionary Scientists our books lied about and how the "Writing Department" perverted the meaning of their articles and ideas. Some of us consciously go beyond what the Watchtower writers mean by our exaggerated phrases and appeals to emotion, strawman arguments, why? I think it's revenge, we are so hurt by the inhumane conduct by the Watchtower we amp up anger, tell black and white lies and misrepresentations, even to the point of ignoring common sense.

A suggestion: next time you read one of their emotionally wrenching articles, step back mentally and see if you can sort out the facts from the emotional presentation. If you can, you'll realize how much fluff is added to the mix.

Why should anyone care? Again I repeat, because there are legitimate and powerful facts that sink the Watchtower's ship and can be presented powerfully on their own. But in this case (the website I mean), exceptionally biased articles and essays (frequently along the lines of "woe is me, my life is over") actually dilute the facts and make the whole argument weaker. Promoting their own logical fallacies and appeals to emotion isn't really useful if their intent is to point out the WT's fallacies and appeals to emotion. And don't you dare disagree with them. For them, it's all about the emotion.

That's why I love this site...plenty of actual analysis and fact and not so much slant. Eventually all roads lead back to JWN because JWNer's are not afraid to attack false claims on either side. Kudo's to JWN, thank you for allowing us to exchange ideas by allowing the community to post ideas you may or may not be fond of.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

I agree some of the ex JWs act like existing Jws if someone makes a point they totally disagree with they prefer to call silly childish names to the one discussing their belief ,idea or thoughts. Just like JWs who dont listen to another viewpoint on doctrien and scripture. I get called all sorts of names and they are wasting them time doing it and its all so childish from grown people. I respect all peoples opinons whether i agree with them or not it snice to share stuff

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

I very much agree! I'm not a big fan of freeminds (blech!), but love jwfacts.org and jwsurvey!

i think the problem for me is that freeminds has too many personal experiences and the owner of the site seems like one of those ex jws that caused trouble in the org because they could.

cedars on the other hand, that guy seems very sincere to just posting facts.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

I always say no one forced me to join no one forced me to leave and i did

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's easy to have strong emotions when you are lied to for decades. In fact, it's natural. But I agree, the facts are enough. It's not that we can't share personal stories and vent, but those things should not obscure the facts. We don't have to exaggerate anything when it comes to the BORG.

DD

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

These people you refer to are likely more emotional anyway having gone along with JW, they are trained away from using rational thought. They could likely benefit from some therapy.

I agree that a calm objective approach is best.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Welcome!

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Welcome Bucket, Good point.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't know what blogs you are talking about, but from what you are saying, it's not that they are controlling, just that you disagree with the blog content. Everyone that writes a blog is writing it from their viewpoint, so why wouldn't they write what ever they want?'

Since I don't know what blogs you are talking about, I don't quite know what your objection is, but of you think you can do better, start your own blog, then you can say whatever you want.

Cedars does not have a very good reputation here, he seemed to be quite divisive and engaged in a lot skirmishes on JWN. I felt sorry for him at first, he seemed very sincere, but I finally saw what many others did, that he liked to create controversy. I haven't seen his blog, maybe I will check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit