Mrs. Russell's Tract - Anyone Seen It?

by Freedom77 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

I was just looking over this list of WT lies http://hourglass2.com/historical/the-list/List7_03.htm and found the following, circa 1906, in the middle of a self-justification by CT Russell about his ex-wife:

By 1903 Mrs. Russell had laid by in bank a little sum of money which evidently was consecrated to the injury of her husband. The opportune time for its use came, and with it she published a new kind of tract .. to misrepresent me, to slander me. It purported to give letters which I had written to Mrs. Russell and copies of her replies. It was declared therein that I ill-used her, would not speak to her, and wrote her these unpleasant epistles. I remembered .. when I was obliged to tell her that my time could not be used continually 'discussing affairs.' To save time I wrote her several replies on my common manuscript paper. The tract as a whole was a gross perversion of the facts, and written expressly to injure the interests of the cause which I represented. These were sent to all the WATCH TOWER addresses she could secure . . .

Does this tract exist? Has anyone ever seen it? Would make great juicy reading if anyone could find it.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

See if this is what you are looking for!

http://jehovah.net.au/books/maria-russell-letter.pdf

Petra

• Fernando
    Fernando

Atlantis is on fire!

Oh dear, just when we thought the apostate Watchtower Organisation's foundations could not get any shakier...

It seems we are here looking at the father of Watchtower lies, chauvinism, and power mongering...

• zeb
    zeb

and do not forget an un-natural marriage.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So the very founder was a pigheaded arrogant demeaning so and so?

Amazing how the current gb follow his example so well......

• Fernando
    Fernando

One wonders what William Henry Conley made of Russell and the direction he was taking the Watchtower.

(William Henry Conley was the first president of Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society, from 1881 to 1884)

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

Atlantis, thanks so much. I guess this is it, and all I can say is Wow. So much revealing stuff here.

Mrs. Russel, p. 7:

You demand perfect confidence in all you do and say. That would be almost clothing you with infallibility.

Mr. Russell, p. 7:

You have declared yourself a doubter, and that without a cause - merely some evil surmise or suspicion. . . . To the queries of the faithful I am ever attentive, but he that doubts without cause is the waverer who is unstable and unreasonable and who is undeserving of confidence or friendship.

Mrs. Russell, p. 8:

I have confidence in the integrity of your heart and purpose.

Mr. Russell, p. 8:

I must wait for some evidence of a true repentance in a full and hearty recantation, or else I must hold you at a distance and doubt your object and meaning and look for some solution . . . as I would with any other attacker and traducer.

Mrs. Russell, p. 8:

These letters were followed by withdrawal of support, . . . and . . . he refused her even her clothing, claiming it belonged to him . . . .

Well, we see where the cold-hearted arrogance, victim-blaming, and utter ruthlessness of Jehovah's Loving People (TM) comes from, don't we?

Mrs. Russell, p. 13:

If "Tower" readers are sincere and honest, . . . let them take measures to learn the truth and act accordingly . . . you have . . . no arrangements for calling anyone to account. Consequently, you are dominated by one, and that one may be blind to the operations of the principles of righteousness, and following such leading together you may fall into the ditch. If you would "watch and be sober" here is something to watch against.

Too bad the readers didn't all cancel their subscriptions instead of getting down in the ditch with CT and staying there - where they still are, more than a hundred years later!

Thanks again, Atlantis, this is great stuff.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

With the internet......nowdays, it is so easy to research and see how from so many different perspectives that the Watchtower is a man-made religion. Just look at how dysfunctional Charles Russell and Joseph Rutherford's marriages were and the hints of affairs. Not even considering the bat-shit crazy stuff that they taugh & believed, but when you read about their married lives and see the dysfunction in it, then there is no way in hell Jesus would come back and pick these guys as the best example of true Christianity.

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

You are so right, AlphaMan. Those guys were total losers.

Today they would be televangelists or building megachurches, or leading an inbred Phelps-style cult. The more things change . . .

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Today they would be cleaning out the toilets!

Losers is way too mild!

Bat shit crazy stuff! Yeah and the JWs think that the "stones would surely cry out if it were not for Russell!" puke.

Now who in their bat shit crazy minds could believe that one! Shhhh,Jehovahs Witnesses!

I saw that years ago in the Proclaimers Book! I asked some elders about it and they believed it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit