Knowing vs. Doing

by objectivetruth 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

As Witnesses, we were so concerned with "Knowing".. Some Examples

"We know that God's Name is Jehovah"

"We know that God & Jesus are seperate, and that the Trinity is False"

"We know that The End is Near"

And there are many other "We Know's" so much so that Witnesses are afraid of anyone that "knows" something or has a Differing Opinion on a matter.

But what About Jesus, what did he help his Disciples "Know".. When you really think about it, NOT much. A Perfect Example of this is found at Acts 1:6

"Then they gathered around him and asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?".. Jesus Response.. "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority."

Notice he did, not say "The End is Very Near" or "We are in the Last Days" he just deflected their Question.. It would have been very simple for him to say something like "No the Kingdom will not be Set up for Many 100's of Years" But He Did not.

Another Glaring Example of Jesus Avoidance of Doctrine, is that he did not Write a Single Sentance for our Benefit. So why are Christians so Concerned with Knowing, and teaching "Knowledge"? They are concerned with Knowing, because Knowing is MUCH EASIER than Doing..

Jesus was only concerned with Doing, and the Here & Now. Some Examples of this.

Matthew 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

• Jesus Emphasizes Good Works, Not understanding the Truth.

A perfect Example of these Ideal Good works is seen in Matthew 5:19 A young man asks Jesus " Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?" Jesus Responds " keep the commandments." The Young man, takes it a step further and says “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?” Jesus then Gives the Greatest Advice for anyone to live a Righteous Life Now " If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

By saying this, he is telling him to Abandon himself, stop being Materialistic, stop being Selfish, and Give of himself to others.

The Jews & Jesus Disciples were Glad to follow this Advice..

Acts 2:45 " They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need."

Acts 4:34 " that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales"

The Most important thing is not What we know, or what we Believe. The Most Important thing is how we treat our Fellow Humans, and the Animals that we have been given to care for. If we want to be Happy, and if we want to please the Creator we need to Be Humble,Self Sacrificing,Pacifists,Loving. If we strive to be all of these Things, we will Be happier and our God will turn his Face towards us and Bless us.

When a Friend or A Stranger asks Give to him. Volunteer to help a Neighbor. Go the Extra Mile to Let our Light Shine. Forgive.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I love this, it is totally my way of thinking. Take action to help those in need.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Thanks HeyThere.. It really can change your life. When you look at everyone as an equal and you Love all Living Things, it really is The Truth.

• Vintagewife
    Vintagewife

Lovely reminder. Thanks OT! VW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit