Vermont Circuit #1 - What is the status ?

by theopug 8 Replies latest jw friends

• theopug
    theopug

So I am reading some older posts from those in area and this is what I understand:

1)Brattleboro, Bellows Falls, & Bennington congregations - Stagnat growth for at least 20 years

2)Wilmington & North Adams MA congreations - disolved

3)Claremont NH north & south congreations - merged

4)Keene & Swanzey NH congreations - talk of merging for years, but I don't think this has happened. According to a recent post by Oppostate the Keene congreation is down to 60 publishers (mostly older folks)

I am leaving some congreations out because I just don't know the recent status. Does anyone here know.

Also it would seem like the circuit itself is about to be merged with another circuit. Could this possibly happen ?

Thanks in advance.

• Londo111
  • theopug
    theopug

Hi Londo, thanks for the "thumbs up".

Are you a New Englander (go Patriots !)? Hehe we are weird bunch. If you ever see someone wearing a parka & shorts combo & eating kayle chips they are probably also Red Sox fans !

Anyway, I forgot to also ask, what ever happened to the Natic MA assembly hall ? Did it get sold? My folks were going to circuit assemblies there all through the 80's. Then sometime in the 90's they started going to UMASS (Amherst campus).

• Londo111
    Londo111

Alas, no, I'm from Virginia.

My thumbs up was because of the "signs of the declines".

• theopug
    theopug

Oh Virginia really ! I have some relatives in the Front Royal congregation. Small world !

• Magnum
    Magnum

I give another to the signs of the declines.

So nobody has any updates about Vermont Circuit #1? If not, what about any other signs of declines?

• Londo111
    Londo111

JWland is a small world. We all seem at most about two degrees separated from anyone who is or has been involved in the Watchtower.

In Richmond, circuit 3, a congregation called North Run got dissolved a few years ago. Two years ago, the congergations in the double hall got put through a ReOrg. The Tuckahoe and Innsbrook congregations were merged. Another congregation in the area (not sure of the name) is getting shuffled to another circuit.

Fading has caused most of my sources of intel to dry up…so I’m not sure what else might be happening, even in my own area.

• theopug
    theopug

Yeah I agree with Magnum. Lets see what others have to report on declines.

Londo, interesting read. It read almost like my original post. Maybe same thing is happening all over USA/Canada. At least for english speaking congregations.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, Londo111.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit