memories

by Mikado 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Mikado
    Mikado

reading others typically crazy jw experiences has made me remember one particularly distressing experience...

i did a careful fade long before I had even heard of the term and I didn't know of anyone else who did it.

I was an unwanted stepchild, and in all honesty a very difficult one I suspect, I had two much younger siblings, and was always excluded and the black sheep, as ina serious uber JW there is no room for any sort of noncomity, and I was never destined to stay a JW, or have anytime for religion i suspect.

I went to my grandmothers funeral, and the elder giving her talk, a very nice man, after all the preaching mentioned her TWO grandchildren of one gender...she had three and I am of the other gender.

it was a lightning bolt moment, I got up and walked out...

now with the benefit of hindsight it was no more than what I should have expected...

funny how things bring long forgotten memories up...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That must have been very painful, as if you didn't exist. I am sorry you had to go through that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Man, sometimes people are so not human. I've experienced similar things, but at a family funeral---harsh.

Unwanted stepchildren get the happy endings. Just saying.

• millie210
    millie210

Completely unacceptable. Says everything about them.

By the way Mikado, in my experience, it is the "difficult" children who are the most sensitive and the most brilliant,

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That was so cruel, Mikado. Sorry about coping with that.

• Mikado
    Mikado

thanks guys, but you know I am so NOt sorry for myself, it's made me who I am today..

so much so I went and got a tattoo that says

im the hero of this story, I don't need to be saved

and you know, it's true.

i wouldn't have been able to be any of the good and not so good things I am now if I had stayed in that nuttery.

i hope that goes for all of you...

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

My older sister, was df'ed back in the early 80's. When my mom died, we provided the jerk elder with a carefully writen eulogy, listing all her childern, grand childern, etc. My older sister was #3 on the list, (the list was numbered) when the jerk got to that point, he paused, cleared hus throat, coughed, and skipped her and her children, and went on to me. My poor sister, cried that much harder! It was obvious to all, he skipped her on purpose!

She is at peace now! Forced to be baptised at 13 to protect her, forced to marry someone she hardly knew, and did not want to marry, at 16, to proteced her. Df'ed when she was 19, for messing up one time! She never knew the so called "truth" much less understood any of it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit