Soviet -> Norway -> UK -> Argentina

by Atreyu 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

OK, off topic, but I'm disgusted.

Tonight, a Norwegian TV documentary unveiled that during the Argentinian/UK war in 1982 over Las Islas Malvinas (The Falkland Islands) Norwegian military intellingence tapped Soviet surveillance satellites which monitored the movements of Argentinian naval vessels. This information was *probably* handed over to the UK government and led to the sinking of the Argentinian naval vessel "El crucero General Belgrano". 323 out of at staff of 1093 died. ( http://www.cibernautica.com.ar/gralbelgrano/crucero.htm )

And, still, they call it the Norwegian Defence!

• Matty
    Matty

Nothing shocks me about the Falklands conflict anymore. People who live in the UK basically fall into two camps – the one’s that believe Thatcher and the ones that don’t. I don’t. From the way that the Argentinians were duped by the British government into invading in the first place, to the way the Belgrano was sunk, and the way that the British media bombarded us with propaganda – and it was so perfectly timed before a general election too.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I have a nasty suspicion that Gibralter could go the same way.

Englishman.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Governments seem to thrive on war. Maybe, if there were no wars, govts would slowly shrink and atrophy.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit