NWT AUDIO - Who reads this? They are not bad.

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

As much as I hate the WT for lying (The writing commite knows it is a lie) There is one good thing they did in the 70's 80's. To read.

The NWT 1984 audio is very easy to listen to. (Now the NT text is S**t but it is a good reading.)

Three readers I can tell you about:

John in the 1970s? The Gospel of John was read by Raymond Franz?... A romour... I have this tape though.

The other three which are online

The first reader sounds older but uses good expressions liek in Exodus he plays Pharoah like a pro.

The second reader song younger and very smooth... Psalms come alive as does Matthew.

The thrid reader reads just Acts however I know the voice... this guy did JW drama audio narration?

Anyone know the names? Sad they are slaves to the concept but glad they are good readers.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Bob Mackey from Tampa, Florida did a great deal of the reading, Brian Trevor Forbes (sic?) is the British sounding voice (maybe from Guatemala - time fades the memory), Acts was done by U. V. Glass - long time Gilead instructor, now deceased and a voice in many dramas. Until his passing Glass directed most of the dramas that are recorded. He was great to work with, very kind and unassuming. The Ray Franz reading was later replaced by Forbes I believe.

There was an Awake article some years ago about Mackey's swimming/diving accident that left him injured for life. I looked in my old index but could not find the reference. Mackey, though not a Bethelite, was a darling of the Bethel heavies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit