Using Theocratic-war-strategy on my wife

by freeman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

My JW Wife wants me to tape Dateline for her and she thinks it's all her idea!

Wow I can’t believe it. I told my dyed-in-the-wool dub wife that there was an elder, the congregation PO in another state, that stood up for the right thing and resigned over a child being molested, and that the story will be covered on Dateline. Somehow she now has it in her little head that this program will be very pro-JW as it shows a God-fearing man, standing up for what is right. She is correct, he does stand up for what is right, but what she doesn’t understand, and I’m not about to tell her, is that the bad guys he is standing up to is the Watch Tower.

Tuesday is her meeting night, so she asked me to tape it for her. I told her, trying to sound almost reluctant, “OK I’ll try to remember to tape it when it comes on”. You see, now it is her idea. I will have two recorders running!

Wow, I believe this is the first time I have ever used theocratic-war-strategy. Tell me again why this is not deceptive lying. Oh yes, I did it for unselfish reasons, and it advances the cause of the kingdom, it does her no harm, and also she is not deserving of the truth. Now I remember.

Sure feels kind of sneaky, but if God’s mouthpiece says it is OK to do, then I guess it’s all right.

She may mention to the “friends” at the Hall that Dateline will be doing a JW story next week. I would love all of them to see it, but my fear is that they may denounce the show from the platform even before it airs. Then again, if they do, I can always ask her why the Watch Tower is afraid; does not their great and powerful God protect them etc.? What part of the show was not true? Why is there a discrepancy between what the Watch Tower PR guys say and what their own internal documents (Body Of Elders Letters) say? We will see what happens.

PS: If any terrorists are reading this, please don’t bomb anything until well after next Tuesday. Thanks

Freeman

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Seems to me that if your little ruse works out you should probably sit in the armchair in "shocked silence", as you watch it together.

Perhaps adopting the occasional goldfish-style dropped jaw technique. You should practice this, in preparation, so that you look genuinely surprised when it provides less than favourable coverage.

I hope your wife can get beyond merely automatically defending the borg, when she views it.

I wish you well.

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Freeman: Has your wife been a JW all her life? If not, then this might be a good time to draw back on the reasons she left her previous religion to become a JW ... because of seeking truth, honesty, etc.

No matter what, this show will shock her ... likely shock even many ex-JWs ... be preapred to brace her for the hard hitting truth of what the Society knew, and when they knew it ...

I am glad for you that she want's you to tape it ... and maybe in a way, she is secretly wanting to question the organization more, and needs this to validate her concerns ... there are countless JWs who secretly question, but do not feel free to speak openly.

You are right that she will likely mention it at the Kingdom Hall ... and you are even more correct that they will speak against the show before having seen it ... for the Society is preparing the JWs and Elders ... and this is one BOE letter I would love to see ... to see how they are going to try and get the Elders to frighten the JWs into not watching.

Let us know how it goes, and what her reactions are ... but, most of all take things easy with her, as she will need time to think and absorb the shock.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Just want to warn you though- we may be in for a surprise ourselves.
    CBC did a program called "Roughcuts" on Ex JW-A few years ago- when they first contacted me- and asked me to get a group together to speak up about the things that was happening to us. I did-
    They spent quite a few days interviewing those who truly had sad tales to tell.
    But imagine our shock- when the documentary( which BTW won an award)
    Was aired. It aired The W.Tower side also-showed them getting baptised. building miracle Kingdom halls in a weekend.
    I had stated to the producers I would only do it- if they would allow me to say there was some where else to go.Jesus.
    But at the end of the documentary -it showed me saying" They say there is no where else to go & they are right" Where they cut it off-& did not allow my continuing remark ' It is to Jesus we must go.
    So it looked as if I was saying they were the only way.......
    Also they had a boy call the 1-800-Why 1914 line- He asked if she knew anyone in Toronto who could help him9 as he had been DF- she answered "Not in Toronto"but the cut off the rest of her answer -But I do know someone near there. So Lets hope they dont do the same to this one.....

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

GOOD POST My wife is also going to watch, but she
    is staying home from the meeting to do so. I also
    use theocratic warfare. I told her to get the awake on child
    abuse, I lied and told her it was a good article she was happy.
    At the same tyme i get to talk to her about all the issues about
    the child abuse troubling the watchtower. I have already shown
    her posts right on this board. YES SHE IS ON THE ROAD FOR A RUDE AWAKENING.

• Quotes
    Quotes
    Wow, I believe this is the first time I have ever used theocratic-war-strategy. Tell me again why this is not deceptive lying. Oh yes, I did it for unselfish reasons, and it advances the cause of the kingdom, it does her no harm, and also she is not deserving of the truth. Now I remember.

LOL at freeman! Good work, and happy taping!

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Flip
    Flip

I remember CBC’s ‘RoughCuts’ program well, mouthy and regret not taping it.

I agree many may be building up the program and expecting it to be more damaging than it might actually turn out to be because it’s usually outsiders who’ve had limited exposure to this particular brand of cult behavior that produce this information and tend to ignore important nuances.

Besides it wouldn’t be very difficult for the local elders to have the rank and file kept busy while Dateline is being aired.

I still think the CBC producers got it mostly right, although I’m sure it went over the heads of everyone not familiar with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I’ll never forget the closing comments at the end of the CBC program, “…in spite of what is written on the signs at the entrance to every Kingdom Hall…not everyone, is actually welcome .”

By the way mouthy, and forgive for being so bold, were you actually featured in some way during the CBC program? Would you happen to have been the one on the phone to her JW father only to be shunned by him?

Flip

• mouthy
    mouthy

No Flip I was the old woman at the end Grace Gough who said I was devasted when the kicked me out- I had just lost my husband.
    I do have it on video some where I will look for it -& send it to you if you want to e-mail your address-
    Not promising- It was so long ago
    [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit