Were Jonathan and Phinehas in the time of Samuel?

by opusdei1972 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

I have read in a past post of Leolaia the following words:

"the grandsons of Moses and Aaron (Jonathan and Phinehas) were depicted as still alive in the time of Samuel".

Where in the Bible I can find the above statement??

I am interested because, if this were the case it could suggest that the actual "Exodus" happened only for the tribe of Levi around 1200 BCE.

• kaik
    kaik

I. Samuel 14:3?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The bible is the biggest fraud in the history of the world, it has cost the lives of millions of people and enslaved billions more. Time to stop wasting your own lives on it too eh?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

The text you are looking for is in Judges 18.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Ok, this seems to be one the verses:

"After that the Dan′ites set up the carved image for themselves, and Jon′a·than the son of Ger′shom, the son of Moses, and his sons became priests to the tribe of the Dan′ites until the day that the inhabitants of the land went into exile. "(Judges 18:30)

However, due to my ignorance, I still don't understand why the allusion of the grandson of Moses (Jonathan) in the above verse suggest that he lived in the time Samuel. Samuel lived before the year 1000 BCE, and the above verse seems to be located chronologicaly after the time of Samson. So, if the time after Samson's death is close to Samuel's time, it would mean that the grandson of Moses lived around 1100 BCE?....if so, the Exodus could not happen around the year 1500 BCE, because the grandson of Moses could not be alive around the year 1100 BCE.

Am I right???

Any thoughts???

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Which of Leo's posts are you referring to please ?

• opusdei1972
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" .....if so, the Exodus could not happen around the year 1500 BCE, because the grandson of Moses could not be alive around the year 1100 BCE."

I think this is the problem that Leo alludes to in her post, which post clearly shows that the "Exodus" did not take place as the Bible presents it. As with most Bible Chronology, these accounts are impossible to make sense of, although the W.T wriggle and squirm in their efforts to so.

See their ludicrous and often hilarious two volume work "Insight on the Scriptures".

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

"See their ludicrous and often hilarious two volume work "Insight on the Scriptures"."

Yes, I have read some appologetic arguments in the Insight book about the lack of archaeological findings to substantiate the Exodus' account. However, I have only read excuses.

In the past I ignored these problems, because I thought that the Bible was infalible and inerrant. Now I am noticing that there are many problems to prove the historicity of the accounts given in the first five books of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit