Duck Shot Through Neck with Arrow/Dart Still On the Loose 3 Months Later

by Wild_Thing 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

This poor little guy was spotted in Kansas City about 3 months ago. He was first spotted in someone's backyard pool, and has mostly been hanging out in a pond in a Kansas City park. They keep trying to catch him, but evidently he's clever.

They said on the news tonight that the Missouri Conservation Department is at the park tonight making a more concentrated effort to capture the duck. Amazingly, he seems to be getting along pretty well!

http://www.kmbc.com/news/duck-shot-with-arrow-spotted-at-loose-park/26595284?tru=3kCKj#mid=19300782

• Magnum
    Magnum

I sure hope they can catch it and help it. A few years ago I saw a story about the same kind of thing – a duck (or maybe another type of bird) with an arrow through its neck.

In my area a few years ago, somebody shot and killed a deer with a rifle and found that it had an arrow broken off in its body. I’ve seen stories of bears limping along with gunshot wounds. That’s one of the main reasons the JW paradise concept appealed to me – because I thought it would mean an end to animal suffering, too.

• wanderlust
    wanderlust

Sad I too hope they are able to catch the poor little guy and get it healed. In an apartment where I used to live, there was a pond with ducks and Canada geese, and I can't remember if it was a duck or a goose now, but one had an arrow through it. I don't know if they were ever able to catch it but it was in the middle of a pretty big pond and was too afraid to move from the middle, making it hard to capture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit