Another Higher Education Faux Pas

by msecodo 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• msecodo
    msecodo

At a recent Special Assembly Day in Casa Grande, there was a talk about youths and the choices in life that are set before them.

During the talk, there was an interview of three people - two young girls (ages 13-16?) and an older brother (age 969?). The point of interviewing the sisters was for everyone to know their goals now & right after high school -- baptism, then pioneering, then perhaps Bethel service.

Though there was no direct mention of their decision to avoid college, it's interesting to note that the older brother that was interviewed is a structural engineer, no doubt requiring some college. Add to that, he was raised as a JW - both parents were Witnesses.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'll bet very few in the audience looked that far into the circumstances of these three people. The case of the structural engineer is particularly intriguing. I'm sure the speaker for that part did not ask the follow-up questions that would have revealed his post-secondary education, the money he made in his profession, or his further plans in it. That would have made too many think about their own futures, wouldn't it?

Quendi

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

For once, I would love to hear about a young JW being interviewed at a convention and say, "My plan for after high school to is to use the scholarship I earned to go to college to be become a doctor."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit