World Cup vs International Conventions

by kneehighmiah 1 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I'm not a soccer/football fan, but I'm glued to the World Cup. I do know the sport very well, it's just not my favorite. Anyways, I'm loving the international flavor. I love seeing the fans from different countries and it reminds me of how big the world is. So many people who are born and raised with a completely different outlook on life. im loving it. Watching the World Cup makes me love being a human despite all the bad things in the world. A sport I don't even care about unites people. I'm talking to random people from different countries about the matches. Playful banter. I thought only in Jehovah'a organization could you find people from different countries being friendly.

• prologos
    prologos

certainly the fans are more enthusiastic than the "delegates' the 'publishers' squeezed into the same type seats at the RCs, ICs. to say the least.

The games are also great EQUALIZERS. Put the Germans for an hour and a half into a heated bowl against an hungry, efficient, athletic, team from Africa and you get a tie, and GREAT football. Ghana2, germany 2 too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit