I've become bold

by skeeter1 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I totally discovered TTAT in 2004.

At first, I told my JW relatives each & every thing I found out. They didn't appreaciate it.

Then, I read COC and realized that that was the wrong approach. So, from about 2007-2013, I rarely said anything to them abou the JWs.

Well, I just don't care any more to pussy foot around them, making nice, and smiling. When the tithing change happened, i told them what I thought. I told them it was a cult. I told them of the WTS changes, the control, and I'm not buying it. I don't give a sh*t anymore what others think. I'm being ME and they are going to know where I stand. When I cow tip around them, then they think I am in, somehow, agreement with the WTS. The WTS is not going to control me into tiptoeing.

What's funny is our family is mainly non-JWs, and if everyone would say something then these few people might snap out of it. Or, they'd realize that we don't like the WTS. IN the end, I don't really care if they come out or not. But, I'm not going to pretend any more!

Just like Phil Collins, I don't care anymore, what you say. I never did believe you much anyway.

Anyone else get to this stage? The stage of being an old codger who just says what they want?

Skeeter

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I haven't had to do with any congregation reps, but if pressed, I would say something like, I had a wake up call like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz once the curtain was pulled back. You need to wake up too to the fairy tale you have been sold.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yeah, I don't care what they think. If they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone. But if they start preaching, I don't hold back what I think.

• designs
    designs

Yes it is good to find your voice.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Being authentic is important and if you are motivated to connect

with them honestly and its about being honest and you present it

as your own love for telling the truth and living authentically may be,

just may be, you could find an in-road and an escape route for them.

Well, I just don't care any more to pussy foot around them, making nice, and smiling. When the tithing change happened, i told them what I thought. I told them it was a cult. I told them of the WTS changes, the control, and I'm not buying it. skeeter

What was their reaction to this solid stand you took ?

Any glimmer of hope? Any sign they might awaken ?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Nope, not this last time, and I just don't care! Haven't been unfriended on Facebook, either.

Last time I said something about TTATT, they said that they agreed with me (on pedophilia), a few years later. So, I know they listen.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

You go, skeeter1!

• clarity
    clarity

I am there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit