Pointless Speculation

by konceptual99 8 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I've noted a few people aluding to a rumour that there will be a "big announcement"(TM) that will "shock some"(TM) later this year, probably around AGM time.

In the interests of pointless speculation, what might this be? I am sure we can all think of some outlandish possibilities but I am interested in what could have some possibility of actually happening.

For example,

- Sisters able to do some aspects of MS roles.

- Regional Conventions (nee. DC) no longer in rented facilities but in assembly halls

- Blood a conscience matter

- Long term inactivity being considered as "DA by your actions"

- Official tithe

- Public WT and/or Awake online only

- MS & Elders have to pioneer for 30 hrs at least once a year

- 607/1914 prophecy change

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Their closing the doors on the ark

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

How many special assemblies, special talks etc met the tagline of special? I doubt that any BIG announcement will do any better...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

just more of the usual "hype for the sake of creating hype"?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

What is the WT actually printing these days? Think about all the bound books we used to have and more constantly coming out. They were ramping up printing of this and that all over the place. Growth growth! We need more bound books!

Now what? Two little skinny slivers of a magazine and an occasional tract? Not to forget the much ballyhooed silver Bible. They got as much wind out of that as they could.

From your list, I will go with Regional Conventions in Soicety owned venues ($). And official but unofficial tithes, promoted as Biblical since the Israelites were asked to bring it all in for the temple building, and thus they did. You know the GB and Bethel heavies cannot stand it that they see wealthy brothers.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I think the BIG SHOCKING ANNOUNCEMENT will be ...

"We will have a special campaign during the month of January! Our literature offer will be the latest new release for the young ones in our communities featuring the two Mexican children in our cartoons! This truly is a HISTORIC EVENT! What will YOU do to make sure you can pioneer and take part in this EXTRAORDINARY opportunty to serve Jerkovah more?"

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Maybe 1914 may have a slight change? That's my guess at least, I could be wrong. The best time to bring in "new light" or something new of importance would be that assembly that will take place in November, when it will be broadcasted to kingdom halls in different countries.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'd kind of like them to close the doors on the "ark". Let's fish or cut bait, people. Lets lose all excuses for mealymouthed 2 faced teachings that just piss me off. I'm sick of reading their sorry excuses and justifications for their false prophecies.

The thing is, they could totally spew some stupid day or teaching that turns off a bunch and is not anything that could be doubted-something totally whacked and wrong and proven to be so-but JWs will still go along with the program, just as they have been doing since the 60's! THAT makes me nuts. I know there is NOT ONE THING that they could say or do that would jolt my mom out of her slavery to the org.

• metatron
    metatron

Eventually, the printed magazines have got to go. They're a waste of money and pulp.

I would expect a really critical change with regard to counting time! The print ministry is dying but they still need busy work to keep Witlesses on the endless hamster wheel - AND they need a simple metric to judge how zealous and active publishers are.

I don't foresee any big clamp down on the inactive or change on blood or 1914. Why bother? Only a few 'apostates' challenge the subjects and Witlesses don't read or think much otherwise.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit