End Of End Of The World Education Charities/The Sky Is Falling/Dooms Day Howlers Charity Scam To Educate People To Listen Obey And Don't Get Disfellowshipped.

by frankiespeakin 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm mean how long could it have lasted in the age of the internet easy information access I wonder how many calls they will get from the fraud department before and durring the audit?:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20131115/charitable-giving/#?insight

• CHARITABLE PLANNING

In addition to gifts of money and valuable personal property, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These are listed below. Regardless of the method or methods you would like to use, please first contact the branch office that serves your country to see which methods are available in the country. Since legal requirements and tax laws vary, it is important to consult qualified tax and legal advisers before choosing the best way to donate.

Insurance: A donation made by specifying an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan.

Bank Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts set up as a trust or made payable on death to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses in accord with local bank requirements.

Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses as an outright gift or by means of a Transfer on Death agreement.

Real Estate: Salable real estate donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses, either by making an outright gift or, in the case of residential property, by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live in the residence during his or her lifetime.

Gift Annuity: Money or securities donated to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses under an arrangement where the donor, or someone designated by the donor, receives a specified annuity payment every year for life. The donor receives an income-tax deduction for the year in which the gift annuity is established.

Wills and Trusts: Property or money may be bequeathed to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses by means of a legally executed will or by specifying the entity as the beneficiary of a trust agreement. This arrangement may provide certain tax advantages.

As the term “charitable planning” implies, these types of donations typically require some planning on the part of the donor. To assist individuals desiring to benefit the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses through some form of charitable giving, a brochure entitled Charitable Planning to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide has been prepared in English and Spanish. The brochure was written to provide information on a variety of ways that gifts may be made now or later, as through a bequest at death. The information covered in this brochure may not apply fully to your situation because of tax or other laws in your country. Hence, after reading the brochure, you should confer with your own legal or tax advisers. By using such methods of charitable giving, many have been able to help support our religious and humanitarian activities worldwide and maximize their tax benefits. If available in your country, the brochure may be obtained by requesting a copy from the secretary of the local congregation.

For more information, you may contact the Charitable Planning Office, either in writing or by telephone, at the address listed below, or you may contact the branch office that serves your country.

CHARITABLE PLANNING OFFICE

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

100 Watchtower Drive

Patterson, New York 12563-9204

Telephone: (845) 306-0707

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

give us your money

• frankiespeakin
  • zeb
    zeb

FS: spot on.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

VIOLENCE erupted in the wake of a contested election, forcing thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses to flee their homes,” relates François, an elder in a developing land. “Food and medicine became scarce, and what remained was extremely expensive. Banks closed, and cash machines emptied or went off-line.”

Brothers from the branch office quickly began delivering funds and emergency supplies to displaced Witnesses gathered at Kingdom Halls around the country. Rival factions set up roadblocks, but because both sides knew that the Witnesses maintain strict neutrality, branch vehicles were usually allowed to pass.

Did this article say

Who was involved?

Where did this happened?

How many JW suffered injuries and lost homes?

Sorry did I miss something?

Not a very good report! Too vague.

How can anyone donated when the facts are lacking. Typical for scam artist.

I remember going over old year books and WT! Same bull!

Worldwide work my ass!,It is nothing more than opportunity to make money on people who suffer. What a scam and dishonest. Oh yeah they might give some but profit is the game!

I do recalling the special pioneers who went to third world countries, they never received anything from the society. They had no safe place to sleep.

Not even a bed waiting for them. People were basically shit out of luck in Africa jungles. Yet, people were grateful to serve Jehovah.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I hopeing a crack down on fraudulent Charities comes quick and scams like the WT charities get an audit and their fruadulent dealing get them kicked off the list of bonafide charities.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Sadly, I think this Charities Commission investigation is almost a complete waste of time. At the most there will be some minor administrative changes/tinkering from the result of the audit There's about as much chance of hurting the JW's as hurting the disgustinly greedy Mormons with their 10% tithing (or you won't go to the highest level of heaven) or pretty much any other church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit