puke-tacular new Sept 2014 koolaid WT is up

by baltar447 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I hadn't seen a WT in a while... the articles are written for like third-graders!!

No doctrine, no nothing!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Some real winners here:

Is it wrong to desire privileges in the congregation? Not at all. According to 1 Timothy 3:1 , “if a man is reaching out to be an overseer, he is desirous of a fine work.” Many Christian men apply that encouragement and make spiritual progress to qualify for privileges in the congregation.

And if your kids have doubts, it's because they are lonely losers with no self esteem(wonderwhy???):

5 In the meantime, though, what if your children begin to express doubts? How can you shepherd them and help them to see that serving Jehovah really is the best way of life and will contribute to their lasting happiness? Try to determine the underlying cause of their doubts. For example, does your son really disagree with Bible teachings, or does he just lack the confidence needed to defend them in front of his peers? Does your daughter really have an issue with the wisdom of God’s standards, or does she just feel lonely or excluded by others?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Also, love how they gotta keep telling themselves that they "Have the Troof" with articles like:

Are You Convinced That You Have the Truth? Why?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

your kid has doubts.....? why not show them evidence? .....Oh yeah there isn't any...why not undermine their emotional status instead?

Doubter = broken or unstable

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Most of the "proofs" are based more on works than doctirines, teachings and beliefs in the article. It's basically done to get people to preach more.

• fiddler
    fiddler

That article on "know it's the truth" or something like that...I read more of that Watchtower article than I have in a decade at least and I am just flabbergasted at the writing style! So many assumptions and misleading statements!

I bought into all of this during my time in because I hadn't read about anything else. Were JW's the ONLY ones to oppose WWII? No...but I didn't know that nor did I know about the letter Rutherford sent to Hitler basically telling Hitler that JW's were in total agreement about the Jews (anti Semetism) and that the USA was full of *#it!

Does any other group preach about Jesus? Um....yes, a lot do.

Do other groups translate in obscure languages? I think I read on another thread here that there are other Bible publishing groups that do (I'll try to find that info). It doesn't really matter to me however because I DON'T believe the Bible is inspired by anything more than men.

The testimonies of three obscure and unknown 'brothers' was supposed to inspire belief that this is the truth....yeah right. The words of these men could easily have been scripted from the magazines (and in fact were). The typical rank & file witness doesn't even know he/she is spouting verbatim Watchtower sentences. So brainwashed.

The article assumes that there was an organized first century Christian congregation. Laughable! There was no model for first century Christians. It was a haberdashery of conflicting ideas. It wasn't until the 4th century AD that the Catholic council of Nicea gave it structure by choosing the writings that would be included in the 'New Testiment'.

so many assumptions were made. It was sickening to read and even more sickening knowing the number of people who will swallow it without a second thought

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I had an instagram 'friend' post the link to this article via his preachy, holy than thou, overrighteous instagram account!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Try to determine the underlying cause of their doubts.

How about because WT "theology" is NOT "the Truth"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit