Tony Abbott

by zound 4 Replies latest jw friends

• zound
    zound

Just thought this was interesting - people in positions of power have the same insincere don't give a **** attitude no matter what organisation - religious or otherwise.

This letter of a young boy to Australian PM Tony Abbott about gay marriage and the response reminded me so much of my letters to Bethel and many other people's. The response has the same tone as Watchtower responses.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/marie-claire/news-and-views/latest/a/24221581/tony-abbott-responds-to-11-year-olds-letter-on-marriage-equality/

It's not as sensational as his other antics that have been in the news lately, but that formulatic don't give a shit letter reminded me of WT.

• dabster
    dabster

I don't see this as anything but Tony Abbott's view. "My personal opinion is to support the existing definition of marriage. Though we disagree on this issue, I respect the views you have put forward." Who doesn't know this? He is Catholic and quite devout, apparently. What else would we expect him to say? I think you're drawing a long bow here. It's practically a beat-up. Let's talk about the WT and leave views on Tony Abbott to Labor Party forums, shall we?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Tony Abbott is a liar and a bully. He has no respect, ripping 80 billion dollars out of education and healthcare.

• dabster
    dabster

Ah, but is he a Jehovah's Witness?

• zebagain
    zebagain

RC and the Prime Minister of Australia for all you non aussies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit