Went to give blood & gave a good witness

by not bitter 2 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

Went to donate blood today for first time. Unfortunately my iron count was too low. Will try again soon. So I expressed how disappointed I was. The nurse told me that many people feel that way when it doesn't work out because a lot donate for very personal reasons. I then explained that I was once a JW and that this was a 2 fingers to them. Anyway we chatted a few mins more, he asking me why I left. I explained how JWs are completely brainwashed. So even though I was disappointed about not being able to donate, I did feel better for giving him and the chap next to me a little info about the cult.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you!

I also tried at one time, but couldn't due to chronic hypertension.

• TD
    TD

Yes. Good for you!

About ten years ago, I was sitting in the chair, squeezing the little rubber ball at UBS and in walks a JW doing business territory. The look on his face was priceless.

He asked the lady at the reception desk if he could leave some "Reading material" and she said, "Yes."

When I was all done, I picked up the magazines and explained briefly to the receptionist who these people were and what they believed about transfusion medicine. I asked her if she would mind very much if I dropped them in the trash can.

She said, "Please do!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit