I just noticed this tactic

by problemaddict 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

In reading Terrys latest post, if made me think of something that exists and many of us have experienced but I have not really put into a logical thoughts process before. In Terrys 4 facts everyone should know about JW's, the second one referrs to the Walsh trial where unity is said to be more important than truth, in no uncertain terms.

This made me think about how one would bring up this fact. My mind wandered to the beginning of my fade, when inevitably, many of us open up our mouths and say too much. Depending on our button we say things like...

• The society had a wink wink relationship with the UN that was exposed secularly.
    • Did you know at the walsh trial the president of the WTBTS said....
    • ____people could have died from refusing blood over the decades, and this 1994 watchtower martyrs children.
    • Did you know organs used to be forbidden?
    • Did you know statements regarding the end have been made almost 7 times over the years?
    • Did you know the generation teaching has changed a total of 11 times?

......and many many more.

Because to those without open minds these things seem so far fetched, they seem to immediately wonder HOW do you know these things. In fact, I have very point blankly been asked by someone I shared the letter from Rutherford to the third Reich with......where did you get this?

In other words, very point blank, the source of the information is more important than the information itself. In speaking with someone about the Walsh trial, I invited them to research wether it was accurate on their own. Later, they came back to me and said "all I found was apostate information, I assume that is where you got it!". At that point, the very mention of the item, has already identified you as "associating" with apostates, which then by default makes whatever information shared invalid.

Anyone else notice this? Is there a work around?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

My dad had the same response when I told him to research 607. He could not grasp that the "world" doesn't care or even give 607 a second thought, so of course, only apostates are talking about 607 When he googled it.

if the mind is made up, nothing really matters. They won't see it until they are ready.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi problemaddict, Have you asked JWs questions like Billy the Ex-Bethelite did in exJW Psychology 102--How to Ask a Question When Questions Aren't Allowed.

How do you feel that "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JWs would respond to you saying, "Someone told me that in the Walsh trail the president of the WTBTS said . . . I want to disprove it, but I do not know how to. How would you independently research something like buying a car/TV/house? . . . How would you research this?"

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

When I mentioned the full letter regardimg the new donation scam to the sister i studied with, I basically told her that i knew about the chanhe before the congregation did, and thoigh they only heard/saw page one, there were more pages. she asked where i got it, i said the internet, she asked was it from jw.org, i explained that it was not however the info proved to be true, she wanted nothing to do with it. they are so brain washed they wont even accept the real truth...

• Domenic
    Domenic

There is a web sit, (I am banned from) “Friends of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” In truth they are not friends of Jehovah’s Witnesses, their goal is to re-trap those who escape from the JW’s.

What I liked about the site, it proved Russell did not start the Jehovah’s Witnesses. These make claim to be the people (generations down the road) Russell started, called, “Bible Students.” Their teaching is 100% Russell. I read most of what Russell used to teach.You can get a copy of his books on the site. These people believe Russell’s teaching over that of the Bible…The Watchtower is a branch of the same tree…the fruit is the same…leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Many Jw’s go on this site because they don’t have to use their real name…many who go on there claim to be Elders. This movement is getting bigger. Many who have been DF love it. They have gone from slavery, to slavery.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Yeah I have seen this tactic used.

Typical thought stopper.

If it came from apostates then its poison...

I have wondered recently what would happen if you replied:

"I got the information from Satan.

Jesus refuted Satan.... so.... surely you can too....right?"

What's crazy is - I really think the dubs are more scared of apostates than Satan! How nuts is that!

-TE

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

I showed the Atlanta International Convention promo video to a bro I work with. He is convinced it was "hacked by apostates". The middle is good but the apostates added to the front and the end. There is no reasoning with these people. He would only beleive it if the jw.org moniker is on the beginning and end. That is another "mental branding" trend I see. Will be more powerful than the tower logo in the near future.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I really think the dubs are more scared of apostates than Satan! How nuts is that!

I can say Amen to that

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"The source of the information is more important than the Truth itself" , this idea has been drummed firmly in to the JW "brain", so firmly that they think to themselves "Even if this is true information, I will not accept it as such for now, just in case, because it has come from opposers".

Anyone see the faulty logic ? I am sure we all do.

As the W.T is patently not open and honest, where the hell are you going to find out the real truth but from those that can be conveniently labelled by the W.T as "opposers" ???

Truth is still truth no matter where you find it, or who provides you with it.

• KateWild
    KateWild

This is called information control. It's part of the BITE model. In WT they only have limited control. We got out and so have countless others, live with hope. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit