SAVED FROM PLEDGING MONEY!

by The Searcher 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

An elderly sister pointed to the printed out pledge forms on the literature counter and asked me what this was about, because she'd missed a couple of meetings.

I tactfully (and very quietly!) explained that there was a new donation arrangement via pledging! I quickly explained to her that the congregation donation amount had already been announced, so there was no need for her to fill out a pledge slip. All she had to do was donate what her heart told her to do. I told her what Deuteronomy 23:21,22 says about making vows and not fulfilling them, so she would do better by NOT making a vow!!

She thanked me for explaining things and said she wouldn't fill in the slip!!! Result!!!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Small steps can lead to great adventures.

Best wishes.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thank you for sharing on making a difference while still inside the beast...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What happens if I make a vow for a negative donation? I bet they wouldn't hold me to a donation of minus something, meaning I take that amount from the congregation each month instead of putting it in. Better than using it to print more damnation books and distribute them.

• LV101
    LV101

Searcher - You've made one elderly sister a fortunate soul. They need you - she listened. Poor, deluded, people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit