"Sets over the lowliest of men" examples?

by A.proclaimer 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I'm looking for some good examples from the Bible where men of high positions have been brought down and ones of low have been raised. It's mentioned in Daniel 4: 17, luke 1:52, Ezekiel 21:26 and other texts. JWs interpret Daniel 4:17 as a reference to Jesus to back up the 1914 doctrine, so I'm looking for examples to give an alternate to that.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The only one I can think of that meets your criterion is Mordecai's exaltation over Haman.

• Littleleslie
    Littleleslie

Hi A-Proclaimer,

This is an excellent, thought-provoking question!

And, what you have suggested above is absolutely correct, very scriptural, in my opinion. (Of course many present here, will NOT agree with this particular accessment of things, as they stand nowadays with the greedy Watchtower Society & unwitting Jehovah's Witnesses who currently exist in a shocking, most hapless, wretched state. I realize that most here, simply won't accept it.) Nevertheless, I believe Jehovah is going to do, exactly what you have suggested above, following the principle of Daniel 4:17.

I will present to you three (3) blogs that point to the exact same conclusion that you have reached, about this terrible situation that we are seeing today among Jehovah's Witnesses:

1) A Hated, Despised Low, Dry Tree (A Fresh, New Perspective On Ezekiel 17:22-24; Mark 4:30-32)

@ www.yorww.com/lowdrytree.html

2) I Know A Man... (A Fresh, New Perspective On 2 Corinthians 12:2-4)

@ www.yorww.com

3) One Big Mistake Made By All Mankind (A Fresh, New Perspective On Genesis 3:15)

@ www.yorww.com/mistake.html

... hope this helps.

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit