CO Visits

by Frazzled UBM 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

More questions from an uninformed UBM: Do CO visits all happen at the same time each year? Is now CO visit season? What does this mean in terms of harrassing inactive memebers to come to meetings?

The reason I am asking is that after being inactive for a couple of months my wife has gone back into cult behaviour mode (negtive, morose, non-communicative, quick to get angry) and so I asked her whether she was going to the KH this Sunday and she said yes.

When I asked her whether she had been chased up by the elders to go she was non-committal. I feel she has been guilted into this and she is showing the signs of low self-esteem that typically come when she is subject to WBTS influence. How long will the vigilance around the CO visit last?

I am hoping that after Sunday she will resume being inactive but I am obviously concerned that they will keep guilting her into going.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Unfortunately, it will take her sometime. The CO visit is like a motivational speaker seminar. Will get you all pumped up and sets targets and show you what great things you are missing and privately will ask elders to link a pioneer with your wife to help her out in ministry - in addition to love bombing.

This is purely mind control and if she is not careful she will get dragged back in.

Although i am still active (learned how not to listen), since i stopped caring what happens and never get bothered what others say, we stopped fighting at home and relationship is much better. Wife is slightly dedicated but she is noticing the better person!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

oh crap - thanks for the heads up Da.Furious. Let's see what happens - I will try to warn her about the love bombing and tell her to expect it but to realize that if she resumes regular attendance they will again start treating her as a second class citizen for having a UBM and not being able to get her son to come. Good luck with your wife. Cheers Fraz

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Co come twice a year. There is no "season". They simply rotate every week to another congregation. They take off vacation week here or there. Also take off for circuit assembly and district / regional conventions.

After they finish rotation (about 6 months), they start over.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Her reaction sounds like what could happen from a CO visit or a Cir Assm or even a very "moving" Sunday Public Talk speaker that was motivational and guilted her into "doing more" for the Kingdom.

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

DaF stated "CO visit is like a motivational speaker seminar"

I am not sure I ever experienced a CO visit as a motivational speaker seminar. I think it is more like an IRS audit or tooth canal. A tooth canal is probably overstating. But it is definitely an audit. He fills out a report about the congregation that is sent back to HQ. If that is not an audit, I am not sure what is.

In any event, the week wreaks of coercive power over the flock.

Which probably explains why your wife is so on edge around the CO visit week.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

After telling me mid-week she would go to the KH last Sunday, she didn't end up going (thank you Rafael Nadal for being more interesting to watch than the CO) so all is good and she has still only been to the KH once this year plus the Memorial. If she keeps this up maybe they will start shunning her for fading (not that she has articulated to me that she is fading - I think she just realises that spending time with her family is a lot more fun than spending time at the KH).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit